NOV is looking for a Warehouse Assistant at their Edmonton location. The Warehouse Assistant position will be responsible for shipping and receiving products related to customer parts orders, inventory control including cycle counts, 24 hour equipment on call rotation, and other general duties.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Material handling with use of a reach truck, order picker, forklift, or hand pick carts.
- Check incoming parts against supplier packing slip and purchase order, label part with country of origin when required, confirm bin location, and put away using appropriate equipment.
- Commit available inventory and print sales and transfer order pack lists.
- Pick sales and transfer orders in priority sequence, package and label,
- Create shipping documents and contact carrier where required.
- Participate in cycle count process.
- Participate in after hours on call duties.
- Perform safety inspections of work area and equipment.
- Record transaction in manual logs and ERP system.
- Maintain clean work area and perform other duties as assigned.
Qualification Requirements (Minimum Education and Experience):
- Knowledge and experience with warehousing and industrial equipment an asset.
- Good Communication skills (verbal and written)
- A valid Alberta Driver's License is mandatory.
- A valid forklift certification is considered an asset.
- Alberta Industry Training - Apprenticeship/Journeyperson program an asset.
Technical Requirements (software or program knowledge needed):
- Microsoft Office and general computer knowledge an asset.
- Knowledge of databases an asset.
HSE Requirements (Training and Physical Requirements):
- Squatting, bending, kneeling, reaching, twisting, ladder work, stair climbing, long periods of time on concrete floor, indoor and outdoor work, exposure to change of temperature and humidity, exposure to dust, fumes, and gases, working near moving equipment and working from heights.
- HSE Orientation
- Fall Protection
- Forklift Certification
Indeed - 11 months ago
Since 1841, National Oilwell Varco (NOV) has been dedicated to ensuring customers receive the highest quality oilfield products and...