Your role at IMS:
- Design, prototype and champion useful and desirable user experiences for IMS’s portfolio of products.
- Gain a deep understanding of our users by conducting user research and evaluating product usage data.
- Produce mock-ups, wireframes, rapid prototypes, and other UX design artefacts that translate end-user, customer and/or business needs into an accessible and engaging user experience.
- Develop and maintain style guides for a consistent UX experience across the suite of products at IMS.
- Advocate user needs throughout the development life cycle in an agile/interactive environment to ensure the team develops the right product.
- Work closely with customers, marketing, product management, engineering and other stakeholders on all phases of the UX requirements, design and development process
- Plan and execute efficient and productive usability studies
- Participate in peer analysis and review of concepts, designs, implementations, and interface usability
Skills, Experience and Education Requirements:
- Minimum 2 years experience in a user experience designer role (not graphic design).
- University or post-secondary degree in interaction design, human factors, application development/design or related field.
- Fluency in best practices for mobile and/or web-based information architecture and visual design, as well as strong knowledge of usability principles and techniques.
- Experience with a variety of UI design and prototyping tools e.g. Visio, Photoshop, Dreamweaver, Azure, Balsamiq, Flash etc.
- Agile/Scrum experience.
- Experience working in a collaborative team and working directly with developers for implementation of designs.
- Proficiency in verbal and written English.
- Portfolio or samples of work demonstrating experience creating great user-centered design solutions is a requirement for application.
Desirable assets in this position also include:
- Experience developing applications on mobile platforms (Android, iOS, BlackBerry, Windows Phone)
- Experience developing web pages or applications supporting multiple platforms and browsers for both desktop and mobile environments.
- Experience using scripting languages to automate tasks where appropriate
- Proficiency in more than one language (e.g., French, Spanish, German)
A pioneer in connected car technology, Intelligent Mechatronic Systems Inc. (IMS) of Waterloo, Ontario is dedicated to developing and...