Position for hire: UI/UX design lead and graphic designer
Location: Davisville/Midtown, Toronto, ON
Experience requirement: An exceptional portfolio demonstrating user-friendly and modern web interface design
RateHub.ca connects you to Canada’s best mortgage rates. Launched in 2010, RateHub.ca is a mortgage rate comparison website with more than 150,000 monthly users, partners among Canada’s leading media companies and a talented team of tech and mortgage experts.
Ratehub.ca offers a friendly, innovative and collaborative work environment in midtown Toronto. Our talented team drives our success, and we support each individual in fulfilling his or her potential.
Our focus on original, user-centric content and product and design innovation continues to earn us the trust of our users and the mortgage industry. We are looking for a design UX/UI specialist to improve our user experience, develop new products and solidify RateHub.ca as an industry thought leader.
- Create elegant and responsive web interfaces that work across multiple platforms
- Work with our analytics team to optimize conversion rates by split testing design
- Develop RateHub.ca and subsequent properties’ mobile websites
- Facilitate brainstorming sessions and work collaboratively with our strategy, content and development teams
- Possess excellent communication skills, work ethic and attention to detail
- Work with product managers to manage projects from low-fidelity wireframes to high-fidelity mock-ups, ready to be handed off to development
- Design all branded assets (including all social channels)
- Passion for start-ups, technology platforms, UX and visual design
- Possess a basic understanding of how humans interact with machines
- Expertise in Adobe Creative Suite
- Experience and interest in responsive design
- Up-to-date with the latest web design trends and best practices
- Comfortable working with developers and working in a collaborative team environment
- Efficient with excellent time management skills and attention to detail
- Positive attitude and desire to help others
In short, we are looking for an innovative and passionate designer who will embrace the opportunity to be at the forefront of the Canadian web and technology industry.