NOV Rig Solutions is currently seeking a Training Manager - Manufacturing for the Edmonton, Alberta area. The successful candidate will be responsible for managing the implementation of learning standards, processes and curriculum in order to meet business training objectives.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Coordinates with other resources and brings significant problems encountered to the Director of Canadian Operations.
- Writing, implementing, and managing Programs, Policies and Procedures. Aid in development and implementation of site-specific practices and procedures.
- Demonstrate the capability to work independently on complex and multiple projects requiring judgment to resolve problems.
- Responsible to follow all applicable company and corporate policies, guiding principles, procedures and programs; including but not limited to the process map, support processes, health, safety and environmental requirements.
- Assist with recruitment, evaluations, and promotions of employees. Conduct training and coaching for employees in new work roles/tasks, safety procedures, and company policies.
- Assist in shop inspections/investigations; including shop, environment, equipment and QHSE incidents.
- Travel to other NOV locations for meetings, training, and inspections.
- Provide continual evaluation of department processes, methods and activities to assure the most effective use of resources and equipment.
- Responsible for maintaining training schedules and records.
- Manage training budgets and control expenses.
- Provide training reports as required.
- Deliver training as required.
- Identify and solicit Subject Matter Experts to deliver training on advance subjects.
- Conduct training needs analysis and arrange/conduct internal and external courses accordingly in order to draw up relevant competencies.
- Ensure competency records are created and maintained in accordance with legislative and group requirements.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Bachelor degree preferred.
- Experience in developing and implementing training programs in a manufacturing environment.
- Knowledge and experience with manufacturing processes.
- Ability to work with a diverse group of employees and departments.
- Ability to conduct effective training in front of small and large audiences.