Trade Finance and Loan Services Manager
Trade Finance and Loan Services Manager
Position Type: Regular
Position Status: Full-time
Work Location: Toronto – Ontario
CTC Bank of Canada is a subsidiary of Chinatrust Financial Holding Company Ltd. and is amongst the largest and most profitable privately owned banks headquartered in Taiwan. As one of the 200 largest banks in the world in terms of capital and the most awarded banking institution in Taiwan for growth and customer service, CTC Bank of Canada continues to delivery superior customer value to our clients. We are all about our clients, our business, and our people. We are part of a global banking network with subsidiaries in the US, Canada, UK, Indonesia, The Philippines, China, Japan, Hong Kong, India, Singapore, Thailand, and Vietnam.
CTC Bank of Canada is opening a new branch in Toronto and we are looking for detail oriented, analytical, and relationship driven professional with strong communication and numerical abilities. The Trade Finance and Loan Services Manager’s role at CTC Bank of Canada provides loan expertise in processing all entries relating to new and existing loans while preparing high quality loan proposals by conducting comprehensive credit analysis. You will coordinate with clients and relevant third parties in managing new and existing loan files. You will provide day-to-day planning and leadership to support the centralization of Trade/Loan Services while acting as a consultant in providing sound recommendations to management to streamline work processes. Your technical expertise will help ensure the completeness of loan documentation for the best protection of the Bank’s interest.
Your knowledge in banking will help you succeed in managing risks through compliance to regulations and procedures. You have a positive attitude in building strong relationship with both customers and colleagues with good understanding of client needs. At CTC Bank of Canada, we offer positive customer experience. As a team, will work together achieve what matters most to our clients. We learn, we grow, and we excel together. We Are Family.
- Process all entries relating to new and existing loans including information input, preparation of loan advances, fees, payment, and mortgage renewals.
- Manage loan files including PPR registrations, diary system, bank confirmations, credit reports, land title search, loan revolvement and tax confirmations.
- Handle/Supervise all trade related transactions including letter of credit and inward/outward collection services
- Ensure completeness of loan documentation acting on the best interest of the bank.
- Analyze, negotiate, and prepare high-quality loan proposals by conducting comprehensive credit analysis.
- Supervise trade related transactions including letter of credit and inward/outward collection services.
- Utilizing sound due diligence, ensuring all loan documentations are complete and are processed in accordance to bank policies and procedures to the best interest of the bank.
- Act as a point of escalation to manage and control the process of loan repayment and report any irregularity to management related to any overdue, delinquent, problematic, and non-performance loan accounts.
- Provides day-to-day planning and leadership to support the centralization of Trade/Loan Services while providing sound recommendations to management to streamline work processes and continually seek productive, cost-effective initiatives.
- Supervise and administer the operations of the loan department through new facilities set-up, boarding, drawdown and disbursement, repayment, settlement and discharge, and amendment.
- Prepare monthly self-inspection questionnaire for Credit Administration and International Trade
- Provides deep knowledge and technical expertise to resolve client issues and ensure customer satisfaction.
- Establish networks within the community and develop referral sources by leveraging on existing networks to acquire new clients.
- Keep up-to-date of local business opportunities, as well as changes to policies, procedures, and processes.
- Other duties and projects as assigned by management.
Education and Experience
- University degree/college diploma or equivalent work experience
- Minimum of 3 years loan administration experience preferred
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making skills
- Strong understanding of all policies and procedures to loan administration.
- Advanced conflict management/resolution skills
- Superior customer services and relationship management skills
- Sound knowledge of business unit’s risk and regulatory requirements
- Fluency in Mandarin Chinese an asset.
- Strong numerical ability
- Excellent listening and communication skills
- Conflict resolution skills
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Analytical and problem solving skills
- Relationship driven
- Business awareness
- Customer service oriented
- Work effectiveness/efficiency
- Honesty and Integrity
Chinatrust Commercial bank has been serving our customers for nearly 50 years. We are an equal opportunity employer that embraces diversity. We stand behind the growth of our employees to help them achieve their visions and goals.
Join us and grow with us!
Please apply with your Resume and Cover Letter with confidence.
CTC Bank of Canada is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity in the workplace and support open, accessible, and inclusive work environment.
Only those being considered for the position will be contacted. We thank all the candidates that have applied and showed interest in working with CTC Bank of Canada.