Orlick is a benchmark supplier to the automotive industry, serving OEM and Tier 1 customers globally. Orlick is an integrated company, with a core competence in high pressure aluminum die-casting and precision machining and assembly.
Our company is currently hiring A Tooling Manager. The candidate is responsible for overseeing the safe and efficient manufacturing and maintenance of all moulds, dies, tooling and associated equipment and facilities.
The specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Monitor the operations of a full preventative maintenance program for all die cast areas, equipment and facilities.
- Maintain effective functional relationships with all service departments and production facilities to ensure necessary support.
- Maintain operational costs within allotted budget. Achieve productivity and profitability standards and targets.
- Effectively represent the company and make presentations to potential Customers and Company officials as required.
- Perform administrative activities necessary for the effective management of the facility, including those provisions for the selection and development of employees, budget administration, employee safety and discipline, and the planning, organizing and measuring of the work performed within the facility.
Direct responsibility for the supervision of the entire Tool Shop.
- Utilize effective leadership and teambuilding techniques to develop and maintain a highly successful Tool Shop. Provide direction and instruction to all employees.
Motivate members of the department, treat all employees with fairness and consistency, and deal with problems promptly and consistently.
- Select, train, and motivate a qualified group of Tool Shop employees. Identify, develop and implement comprehensive skill training/upgrading programs.Ensure all personnel have received the required training and skills development to effectively perform their job. Formally evaluate direct reports on an annual, semi-annual and ‘as required basis.
- Encourage and develop a culture of continuous improvement and environmental awareness.
- Conduct workplace inspections in accordance with health and safety program procedures.
- Understand and comply with the supervisor responsibilities and rights as outlined in the Occupational Health and Safety Act (OH&S) of Ontario, as well as, the Company’s safety rules/procedures in the Orlick Employee Handbook.
Education: Post-secondary education required (preferably with an Engineering focus)
Experience: 10-15 years production or plant management experience
Automotive experience strongly preferred
- Strong Communication Skills
- Process Design
- Production Planning
- Continuous Improvement techniques
- Conflict Resolution
- Proven time management & organizational
- Problem Solving
- Decision Making
- Motivation Techniques
- Production Methods
- MS Office
All qualified candidates should apply in writing with a cover letter.
We are a fully integrated aluminum high pressure die cast and machining organization engaged in the design and manufacture of high quality...