We're currently hiring Tool and die makers.
- Read and interpret engineering drawings and specifications of tools, dies, prototypes or models
- Prepare templates and sketches, and determine work processes
- Compute dimensions and tolerances and set up machine tools
- Position, secure, measure and work metal stock or castings to lay out for machining
- Set up, operate and maintain a variety of conventional and computer numerically controlled (CNC) machine tools to cut, turn, mill, plane, drill, bore, grind or otherwise shape workpiece to prescribed dimensions and finish
- Verify machined parts for conformance to specifications using precision measuring instruments such as verniers, callipers, micrometers, co-ordinate measuring machines (CMM) and electronic measuring devices
- Fit and assemble or disassemble parts using hand tools
- Test completed tools, dies, jigs or fixtures for proper operation
- May program CNC machine tools.