The TMS/Operations Coordinator is an entry level position at our Calgary office. The major duties and responsibilities for this position are listed below.
Transportation Management System (TMS) Coordination
The main function of the TMS Coordinator is to ensure the smooth operation of Transportation Management system by fulfilling the following:
- Split and prepare transportation logs for capturing load transactions in TMS.
- Manage exception reports and updates on TMS transactions.
- Monitor activity reports for discrepancies in load building and make fixes wherever required.
- Liaison with carriers on TMS/Portal issues and IT/Accounting, as necessary.
- Ensure timely update of all loads with correct information from the Bill of Lading.
- Data enter driver Hrs/Km information on Csv files and send for autoclose.
- Follow-up with carriers to ensure timely load closures in TMS.
The main role of the Operations Coordinator is to schedule and monitor transportation plans to ensure on-time store deliveries for Shoppers Drug Mart in Western Canada.
- Prepare Ambient temperature logger kits for Rx linehaul temperature monitoring.
- Download and update Ambient temperature logger information on spreadsheets.
- Review daily transportation logs and ensure on-time delivery to local stores.
- Set recovery plans into place for store deliveries or specials, as required.
- Review / Audit driver timesheets for processing payments.
- Prepare weekly reports for carriers and senior management.
Shift– Sunday to Thursday 1100 to 1930 (including breaks)
- Prior exposure to 3PL environment considered an asset.
- Attention to detail, ability to plan, prioritize and organize tasks to meet multiple deadlines.
- Knowledge of trucking and store delivery environment an asset.
- Proficient computer knowledge (MS office – Excel, Word).
- Ability to capture and analyse data and produce reports.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.