Position Closes Wednesday, July 31, 2013
SaskTel International is a wholly owned subsidiary of SaskTel, and has been helping clients around the globe develop, improve, and expand their telecommunications systems since 1986. Our success is built on our product, our knowledge, our diverse experience, and our people.
SaskTel International’s Software Solutions are created by a Service Provider for Service Providers. Our services focus on leading edge OSS solutions to professional ICT consulting. The industry issues our customers need to manage and resolve are ones that we address every day. SaskTel International has ambitious plans to keep learning and growing, to innovate solutions to address these needs and is seeking people who have the same goals for themselves.
Six Month Full time Contract Position Available
Leads the planning, design and execution of software testing activities, and to create formal test strategies and plans for programs (or specific projects within a program)
Ensures test plans with all impacted business and technical areas are developed and executed
Plans and delivers to test schedule milestones
Ensures the quality and completeness of the testing, the controls for monitoring the testing activities of the enterprise software, status reporting, and test team adherence to policies and standards
· Create test strategies, master test plans, and resource plans.
· Leads the team in planning, preparing for and executing effective test plans.
· Review and provide input to project documentation as required; monitor, assess and mitigate testing risks; monitor and track testing progress.
· Prioritize testing activities based on goals and risks of projects and ensure testing milestones, activities and tasks are completed as scheduled.
· Management of all phases of testing over multiple projects, leading the team using test tools, defect tracking tools and other test support tools.
· Manage the defect process ensuring defects are documented, tracked and reported to facilitate timely fixes.
· Leads the continuous improvement of testing processes, strategies, plans and frameworks.
· Responsible for coaching, mentoring, training and day to day interaction with a team of QA professionals.
· Develops signoff procedure and exit criteria with the project stakeholders.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
· A minimum of five (5) years experience in Quality Assurance and management roles in software development environments with experience on large projects (50 people or more).
· Proven experience in creating test strategies, test plans, and resource planning .
· Proven Experience with System, Integration, and User Acceptance Test planning as well as Load, Performance and Stress Testing.
· Proven understanding of the Systems Development Lifecycle (SDCL) and the Quality Assurance processes
· Proven success in performing and delivery of testing within a project timeline and/or resource constraints.
· A minimum of five (5) years hands on experience with HP Quality Centre and QTP/UFT.
· A minimum of three (3) years proven project management experience. PMP designation an asset.
· Demonstrated strong written and verbal communication skills with the proven ability to communicate openly, forcefully and effectively with all levels of diverse functional groups to achieve mutual understandings and results.
· Demonstrated skills leading and motivating people, and inspiring the cooperation and confidence of others both inside and outside the organization to achieve optimal levels of team performance.
· Strong analytical and technical investigation skills with extensive experience in the corrective action process.
· Experience in Telco business processes, specifically related to fulfillment and provisioning processes an asset.
Please apply on our website www.sasktelinternational.com/careers