As a Test Lab Technician you will be reporting directly to the Lab Supervisor and be responsible for assisting the Lab Supervisor in the successful execution of Top-Co’s product testing and development program by executing the daily setup and maintenance of the test lab facilities, as well as conducting some tests and completing reports.
Flexibility in your work hours will be required to accommodate to short notice test requirements.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The incumbent will undertake any or all of the following:
- Testing production tools for API / Top-Co compliance
- R&D and Prototype testing
- Lab organization and housekeeping
- Quality Control Testing and verification
- Writing test reports / learn all test report practices
- Lab organization / read, understand, and execute all safety and housekeeping rules
- Learn and become familiarized with the testing facility and its operation
- Read, understand, and become familiarized with all testing procedures
- Learn the operation of the control software for all machines
- Take appropriate care of all tools and equipment in the facility (no misuse is allowed)
- Keep all areas of the facility clean
- Keep all tools, test fixtures, test specimens, and equipment in their designated place.
- Be alert for and report to the lab supervisor any abnormal conditions in the facility, equipment, and tools
- Take the initiative in matters that contribute to improving safety, housekeeping, and quality of the facility operation
- Collaborate with the maintenance department as well as any other department in activities related to the facility
- Follow to the best of your abilities all test procedures
- Execute to the best of your abilities all preventive maintenance tasks assigned to you
- High School Diploma / Post-Secondary Vocational an asset
- Engineering technical degree (college) an asset but not required
- Experience in plant work is considered an asset
- High degree communication skills (written and verbal)
- Clean and organized worker
- Demonstrated mechanical aptitude (Tools, assembly, etc.)
- Ability to perform physical work
- Ability to think on your feet
- Ability to multi-task
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Access considered an asset)
We thank all those interested, however, only qualified candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Indeed - 14 months ago