Please apply online at our career site to be considered for this SWEET opportunity:
Hershey Canada Inc. is a wholly owned subsidiary of The Hershey Company (New York Stock Exchange: HSY) that manufactures, distributes and sells confectionery, snack, refreshment and grocery products in Canada. The Hershey Company is one of Canada's leading chocolate and confectionary company with a strong portfolio of brands that delight consumers every day.
Major Canada brands include OH HENRY! HERSHEY'S KISSES, BROOKSIDE, POT OF GOLD, JOLLY RANCHER, REESE, TWIZZLERS, HERSHEY'S, SKOR, CHIPITS and ICEBREAKERS.
At The Hershey Company, we're committed to making a difference in the communities where we live, work and do business. This commitment dates from the earliest years of our company and is a vital part both of our heritage and of who we are today.
Our mission is to create a world class environment that attracts, develops/grows and retains world class people. We will build organizational capabilities and passion that compete in the present and build for the future to enable and encourage balanced and healthy lives.
We are committed to providing employees with competitive compensation that reflects individual contribution as well as the company's performance.
We have a unique opportunity for you if you thrive working independently, and closing the deal. Duties include increasing volume through effective merchandising, selling and servicing of the assigned retail, corporate and independent stores. This includes ensuring distribution of all listed products, ensuring optimum product appearance and quality, servicing individual stores on a regular basis and building a strong working relationship with store management, booking seasonal/major programs when required. Administrative work is also required - reporting on all sales call activities, submitting booking programs, maintaining accurate files, and attending district and regional meetings.
Skills, Knowledge and Education Requirements:
- Post-secondary education or equivalent experience is preferred
- Ability to lift up to 30 lbs
- 1- 3 years of sales experience with sound knowledge of sales techniques in consumer packaged goods preferred.
- Strong analytical, organizational and time management skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills with excellent interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated ability to work independently within a team environment
- Detailed-oriented with fresh thinking
- Takes initiative in pursuing objectives
- Ability to work under pressure to ensure timelines and/or deadlines are met
- Proficient in MS suite (word, excel, power point)
- Willingness to be a part of a high performing company that works hard and has fun!
- Proof and maintenance of passport, valid drivers' license and good standing driving record.
- Personal auto insurance with at least the government set minimum liability
- Must reside within the territory boundaries
- Landline, cell phone and internet access
- This is a one year contract part-time position (28 hours a week, Monday through Thursday, 9:00 am to 4pm)
- Access to a reliable personal vehicle required for which mileage rates will be paid.
- Background checks will be conducted for successful candidate(s):
Benefits and Perks of Working at Hershey Canada:
- Of course. exposure to some of the finest chocolate and non-chocolate confectionery
- Corporate social responsibility programs - because we should leave the world a little better
than we found it.
The road is your office. This position requires a road warrior who is able to work independently on the road while interacting with our customers and sales team:
The Hershey Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The policy of The Hershey Company is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, Veteran Status, sexual orientation, genetic information or any other protected category recognized by state and federal laws.