The Victaulic Sales Representative is responsible for profitably increasing the market share that for a given territory. This will be accomplished by a thorough understanding of: the piping and HVAC industry, piping systems, and use of Victaulic products in those systems.
1. Promote and sell company products, concepts, and services to prospects, specifiers, buyers distributors and end users
2. Research and report marketplace and competitive information for sales strategy planning and review
3. Develop sales objectives, strategies and forecasts and concur with your manager
4. Build and maintain good relationships with clients, prospects and distributors
5. Develop and implement suitable promotion plans with the help and approval of your manager, such as group presentations, regional shows, training seminars, branch visits and installation tours
6. Find and follow major construction, expansion or retrofit projects with Victaulic sales potential
7. Cooperate with the corporate sales effort when sales influences are inter-territorial
8. Develop territory distributors to maintain the required customer service level
9. Comply with pricing guidelines or make recommendations for special pricing for your manager’s approval
10. Continuously improve customers’ written specifications for Victaulic products
11. Gain complete information for all quotation requisitions including application, specification, pricing and timing requirements
12. Maintain up-to-date knowledge and skill for your job and advise your manager of any training needs
13. Cooperate with inside sales, engineering and other support staff to ensure good teamwork to meet customer requirements
14. Participate in your quality workgroup meetings and strive for continuous improvement in your work
15. Report activities, progress, market information, new ideas, expenses and other relevant data as appropriate or as requested
1. Mechanical Engineering degree, or equivalent experience.
2. P. Eng designation, an asset.
3. Superior negotiation, planning and organizational skills.
4. Excellent presentation skills
5. 3 – 5 years direct industrial sales experience
Only those selected will be contacted
Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer
Take a look inside many of the world’s most recognizable landmarks, and you will find Victaulic piping systems. Whether it’s...