Kijiji (an ebay Inc. company) is looking for a contract technical recruiter to work onsite in Toronto, Canada.
- Recruits, interviews, and recommends the best qualified candidates
- Generates candidate flow for all open requisitions utilizing the most effective and cost efficient methods available consisting of direct advertising, preparing job postings, updating Internet sites, and utilization of social media avenues.
- Prepares, presents, and negotiates job offers in a timely and efficient manner in accordance with established company standards to achieve the overall objectives of this position.
- Ensures employees will be oriented and all employees are updated on the company and its standards, procedures, and compensation packages to increase employee satisfaction and employee retention.
- Conducts training to educate supervisors and managers on interviewing techniques and provides information to ensure fair and consistent employment practices.
- Maintains confidentiality of information to ensure integrity of Human Resources department
- Develops and maintains professional relationships with college, university and community college placement offices as a source to generate qualified applicants.
- Completion of weekly report on employment activity.
- Provide information on company operations and job opportunities to potential applicants. Screen and refer qualified applicants to hiring manager for interviewing. Provide initial screening for manager to obtain work history, education, training, job skills, and salary requirements.
- Research, analyze, prepare and present hiring statistics.
- Correspond with job applicants to notify them of opportunities.
- Meet with managers to discuss upcoming needs and develop multi-faceted recruitment program.
- Conduct internet searches for potential job applicants.
- Make contacts within the local technical community and internet companies to establish recruiting connections
- Participate in special projects as needed and perform other duties as assigned.
- 5+ years of interviewing and recruiting experience required.
- Prior Technical Sourcing and Recruiting experience required
- Proven experience with successful placement track record recruiting at exempt and non-exempt levels
- Proven internet and social media sourcing experience.
- Experience with a recruiting applicant tracking system preferred, direct Kenexa/Brassring experience a plus
- Customer communication experience (E-mail & Phone)
- Experience in an internet company a plus
- Excellent organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills required.
- Knowledge of human resource practices and procedures
- Knowledge of employment law.
- Ability to learn and adapt to new software technologies
- Strong working knowledge of PC based Internet and software applications.
Indeed - 2 years ago