Start Date: March 18, 2013 – March 18, 2014
Rate: $68/hr MAX
Duration: One Year / (12) months with 7.25 hour workdays
Ø (3) References are mandatory
· The Systems Analyst will Collaborate with team and business users in the provision of application development and support through the full Systems Development Lifecycle from determining business requirements to solution support.
· The Systems Analyst shall have the following job responsibilities:
· Engage with business areas to understand, define, and document business requirements and processes
· Design and propose system changes including but not limited to personalization, configuration, customization and/or reporting. May be done in consultation with the outsourced Oracle Consulting Managed Services (OCMS) and Oracle On Demand (OOD)
· Develop unit and system integration testing plans and documentation on all approved system changes including drafting Change Request Forms (CRF’s), Oracle testing requirements, functional requirements (MD050) and Oracle configurations/customizations, extension, modifications, internationalization and localization and integration framework (CEMLI’s) in accordance with change management and quality assurance practices
· Consult with Team Leader and/or Director Information Systems on proposed strategies to deliver approved enhancements Provide formal and informal user training as required Deploy and then provide operational support (documentation and troubleshooting) to ensure performance satisfies system and business requirements
· Recommend approach for required data extractions utilizing existing (Discoverer; XML Publisher; DBI/Daily Business Intelligence dashboards and OBIEE) reporting tools.
· Facilitate the interpretation of reports for business users
· Manage the completion and documentation of assignments in JIRA queue ensuring adherence to IS team goals and service levels
· Raise for escalation to management any identified scope changes or other significant impacts that impede IS ability to deliver services or meet business commitments
· Participate in opportunities to advance both personal and IS team members’ knowledge of relevant Oracle Enterprise Resources Planning (ERP) system modules and features
· Systems Analyst, IS will report to the Team Leader / System Solution Analyst, IS and has no direct reports
· Participate in off-hours or weekend support if and when required as per Team Leader Application Solutions or Director, Information Systems.
The Systems Analyst shall at a minimum have the following education and/or job related experience:
· Undergraduate degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or related Information Systems discipline
· Certificate in Business Analysis or CAPM (Certified Associate in Project Management) preferred Systems development and support position for mission-critical web-based, multi-tier business applications including Oracle Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP)
· A minimum of three (3) years of experience working with Oracle EBS, specifically having worked with R12
Skills and Knowledge
The Systems Analyst shall the following technical skills and knowledge:
· Performing systems development life cycle, including hands-on configuration, personalization +/or customization of business-critical deployments of Oracle EBusiness Suite and post production support, including specific Oracle EBusiness Suite experience.
· Preferred practical experience in these specific EBS modules (most relevant listed first): (Field Service/Advanced Scheduler, Service Contracts, Installed Base, Financials AP/AR/Advanced Collections, Oracle Workflow, HRMS, Purchasing (PO Module), UPK, iRecruitment, iLearning, iSupport Strong skills in Oracle database design; development & tuning of SQL queries, stored procedures and packages
· Experience recommending approach for required data extractions utilizing existing (Discoverer; XML Publisher; DBI/Daily Business Intelligence dashboards) and planned new (OBIEE) reporting tools.
· Facilitate the interpretation of reports for business users Skills and knowledge of structured Quality Assurance and testing methodology Knowledge of information technology best practices to guide SDLC practices; Testing methodologies (e.g. Test-Driven Development); Source Code Management / Versioning tools; policies development; information technology security, awareness of infrastructure, network , capacity planning and disaster recovery requirements Strong technical knowledge of software, operating systems, and hardware Write clear documentation and verbally articulate technical matters in clear lay terms Development and delivery of technical training for business user audience
· Skills and knowledge in system promotion practices such as Change Mgmt./Release Mgmt.) for both non-production and production environments
· Skills in MS Office (Word, Excel are required while PowerPoint and Visio are an asset)
Values and Attributes
The Systems Analyst shall have, and effectively demonstrate the following critical values and attributes:
· Time Management
· Analytical Skills
· Problem Solving
· Attention to Detail
· Health and Safety focused