Microserve is looking for an intermediate Systems Administrator to join our team in Edmonton, AB. In this role you will provide operational support and maintenance for our client's server environment, and assist with project work. The successful candidate will work within a small Microserve team that is dedicated to providing proactive network and server support for a critical, high availability environment for Microserve's enterprise clients.
- Provide operational support for our DPM backup environment
- General network / domain administration; print server support and account, application and file access, patching, hardware upgrades and troubleshooting
- Physical and Hyper-V Server builds and support for Windows 2008 and Windows 2012 (currently over 700 VM's in the environment)
- Remain current knowledge of supported server and network technologies
- Maintaining system alignment with ITIL best practices and standards, processes and procedures
- 2 year computer technology related diploma or a one year certificate program completion required
- One of the following:
1. MCSE with 5 years' experience
2. Microsoft Certified IT Professional (MCITP): Enterprise Administrator on Windows Server 2008 certification with specific experience administering a Windows Server 2008 R2 environment
Microserve is an IT Solutions Provider with over 20 years of experience. A Canadian organization with coverage across BC and Alberta, Microserve is a market leader in our industry. Microserve is a flexible and dynamic organization that encourages and rewards hard work, initiative, and out-of-the-box thinking. We pride ourselves on consistently providing high quality service to our clients and are always looking for talented IT professionals for contract, permanent and project-based positions.
Microserve offers competitive compensation, benefits, paid vacation, and educational subsidies. Microserve also provides IT professionals with the opportunity for rewarding and stimulating careers and offers a friendly work environment.