March of Dimes draws on 60 years of experience serving people with physical disabilities of all ages. We are the largest community-based rehabilitation and advocacy organization for people with physical disabilities in Ontario. The organization operates programs and services through over 90 sites, has control over three subsidiary non-profits and delivers government funded and donor funded services to over 40,000 consumers annually across the province and across Canada.
Location: South Central Region, Hamilton
Position: Support Services Attendant - (Part Time)
- Assists consumers in their own homes with non-medical activities of daily living in accordance with individual service plans and with Ontario March of Dimes policies and procedures:
- Personal care
- Lifts and Transfers
- Bowel and bladder procedures
- Meal preparation and feeding
- Range of motion exercises
- Other light housekeeping duties
- Performs duties in a professional manner, which respects the dignity and right to privacy and maintains consumer and staff health and safety.
Ontario March of Dimes provides 24-hour attendant care to its consumers. The Support Services Attendants will be required to work multiple shifts (i.e. work days, evenings, weekends) that vary between locations.
- High School graduate or equivalent
- Current Standard First Aid and CPR certification
- Experience working with people with physical disabilities, experience/knowledge/understanding of Independent Living or Consumer based care.
- Knowledge of and abilities in transferring, lifting, bowel and bladder routines and other attendant care duties
- Physical Demands Self Analysis Required upon hire
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work flexible and regularly scheduled hours
- Valid driver’s license and/or reliable transportation
Salary Range: To be determined
Applications accepted until: January 31, 2013
Send application and resume to:
Name: Maureen Dryburgh Position: Community Support Supervisor
Address: 20 Jarvis Street, Hamilton, Ontario L8R 1M2
Telephone: 905-528-4261 ext 4212 Fax: 905-528-7762
"As part of its commitment to Employment Equity, Ontario March of Dimes encourages applications from qualified members of the four designated groups; women, aboriginal peoples, persons with disabilities and visible minorities."