Nuna Logistics Ltd. / HRN are looking for a Superintendent to work a rotational position in the Northwest Territories. You will be a seasoned Superintendent with 5-10 years previous experience, mainly in the Oil and Gas / Mining industries. Previous experience with Owner Operators such as Husky is desirable.
The Superintendent coordinates all site construction activities and supervises all field personnel as required to successfully complete the project on schedule and within budget. This includes ensuring that established company goals are realized within established quality standards while supervising all trade and field personnel and administering good construction safety practices with all on-site activities.
The Superintendent and Project Manager will work together to coordinate the project to the satisfaction of the client, consistent with the cost, schedule and contractual requirements. The Superintendent will help maintain client relationship that will enhance future business.
- Ensures adequate site-specific safety orientation and training.
- Conducts at least one inspection of the workplace per mo.
- Maintains standard operating procedures (SOP’s) and Job Hazard Analysis (JHAs)
- Ensures that the job site is free of hazards and or dangerous conditions prior to the commencement of any work.
- Maintains all required documentation with respect to personnel and equipment maintenance.
- Submits weekly activity and status reports to management.
- Monitors equipment availability and utilization to optimize results.
- Monitors crews’ productivity to optimize results.
- Monitors planned production and cost targets to optimize results.
- Effectively plans and supervises crews on a task basis.
- Effectively manages sub-contractors, ensuring compliance with sub-contract requirements.
- Reviews and approves purchase requisitions. .
- Attends scheduled crew change meeting as sponsored and required by the Nuna
- Ensures that Employees are well trained for assigned duties and for maintenance of effective records.
SAFETY and ENVIRONMENT
- Sets a personal example to promote a safe work environment as well as respect for the environment.
- Aggressively pursues strategies to improve safety performance and reduce Frequency & Severity.
- Leads a thorough and timely Level 3 incident and accident investigation.
- Strictly enforces the Drug and Alcohol Policy.
- Leads a thorough and timely environmental incident investigation.
- Ensures applicable risk assessments are performed and communicated.
- Conducts Task Hazard Assessments (THA) with their team and ensures employees perform a THA when required
- Conduct daily inspections of the work place
- Document all safety activities including the daily reviews of worker and group FLRAs
- Conduct safety meetings (weekly/ daily toolboxes)
- Ensures that employees who handle, store or use controlled products are properly trained to identify labels and understand the risks
- Examines hazards and puts processes and policies in place to eliminate or mitigate risks to personnel, equipment and the environment
- Reports hazardous or unsafe conditions within the workplace to their supervisor or management
- Acts with honesty and professionalism with the highest ethical standards.
- Demonstrates an understanding of responsibilities and accepts responsibility for results.
- Appropriately seeks advice and/or approval from Nuna Management and/or clients.
- Actively involves others in problem-resolution and decision-making.
- Holds subordinates accountable through Performance Management.
- Achieves performance according to Key Performance Indicators.
- Achieves performance according to contract deliverables.
- Anticipates issues and implements solutions before problems occur.
- Maintains awareness and influence on the movement of critical parts and supplies.
TECHNICAL SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- Demonstrates strong planning knowledge and skills.
- Demonstrates strong knowledge in estimating cost of projects.
- Demonstrates strong knowledge and experience in extremely remote sites.
- Applies Nuna policies and procedures in a consistent and conscientious manner.
- Provides accurate and timely daily/weekly reports.
- Demonstrates excellent communication skills (verbal).
- Demonstrates strong knowledge of appropriate computer software (Prolog, Excel, and
Microsoft Office etc.).
- Demonstrates strong knowledge of relevant mining/construction sector / Oil and Gas Sectors
- Demonstrates excellent written communication skills (memorandum and report-writing.)
- Maintains open communication with the Client on project progress.
- Develops and maintains excellent Client relations to enhance future business.
- Develops and maintains excellent Community networking to enhance future business.
- Communicates respectfully and effectively in a cross-cultural environment.
- Maintains productive and positive Employee relations.
- Builds strong teams.
The role of Superintendent is a full time role with Nuna Logistics / HRN.
Location: Norman Wells, NT.
Rotation: 2 weeks in / 2 weeks out