We are seeking a Structural, Mechanical or Civil Engineer who has experience in the structural design of fabricated welded assemblies, specifically welded and fastened-joints in steel tower structures, and familiar with the fundamentals of foundation designs.
You will be a key contributor to a specialized design engineering team where you will utilize your skills and experience in structural design, design verification, problem solving, CAD, DFMEA, and FEA. Working closely with local professionals in the various jurisdictions in which Endurance installs wind turbines, you will be responsible for the design, reviews and approvals, installation, supplier quality and qualifications, and on-going safety assessments of Wind Turbine towers, foundations, and structural fasteners.
As Endurance continues to expand into new global markets, you will use your experience and good Engineering judgment to ensure that the high standards of safety, value, and reliability are maintained while adapting to the new Codes and Standards, Environmental, and Geotechnical conditions of each new region.
You will be a key part of a lean high-performance engineering team, that respects ideas and differing opinions and that makes decisions based on discussion, sound judgment, and solid engineering principles. Our engineering, manufacturing and operations teams work together to create products our customers need, want and value. Our satisfied customers, one by one, will help us become the global leader in distributed wind technology and products.
What kind of background is required to thrive in this position?
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical or Civil Engineering, specializing in Structural Design with 7 – 12 years of design experience, with a minimum of 5 years’ experience related to structural design engineering
- Registered Professional Engineer (P.Eng) or eligible for registration with APEGBC or US equivalent (P.E.) designation
- Experienced and very familiar with AWS D1.1 or equivalents, most preferably experienced in European and Asian materials and welding standards as well
- Experience with SolidWorks, 3D solid modeling, detail drawings including GD&T, and FEA
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Must be able to communicate effectively, including the ability to document according to engineering best practices
- Good initiative, positive attitude, and the ability to learn quickly
- Valid passport and the ability to travel worldwide on occasion and as required
We are a small team of dedicated professionals in mechanical, electrical, and software engineering disciplines who rely on each other to design, verify, manufacture, and deliver a high quality, safe, and reliable 50kW wind turbine system to worldwide markets.
In this position, you will be the key contact for all design and review of our turbine towers for current and future markets.