Strategic Marketing Manager
Optelian is looking to add an individual to its Product Marketing team, focused on identifying, assessing, and driving market opportunities.
The Strategic Marketing Manager owns the analysis of market segments including industry-specific requirements and solutions, as well as competitive analysis, and drives marketing programs for targeting specific industries and segments.
- Owns and refines Optelian’s market segmentation and ongoing analysis of segment opportunities, including market sizing, technologies/solutions used on a segment-by-segment basis, etc.
- Owns and refines analysis of competitors, providing updates to Sales, Product Management, R&D, and the executive team, as input to driving product/solution strategy and competitive strategy
- Develops business cases for new products/solutions and lines of business
- Working with Sales and Business Development, drives development of lines of business with specific industries and market segments, including development of solutions, and works with key prospects and customers
- Working with Product Management and Product Marketing, provides input to messaging and positioning of products and solutions
- Drives marketing programs for targeting specific industries and segments, such as lead generation, industry-specific marketing material, etc.
- Combined business and technical background, with 5 years of experience in a similar role
- Depth of understanding of key technologies such as optical transport, optical link design/engineering, optical networks, Ethernet, network management
- 5+ years in a customer facing role in a role within a telecommunications environment
- 5+ years in a technical design or systems engineering role in telecommunications
- Superior written and verbal communications skills
- Expertise with requirements analysis, competitive analysis, and business case analysis
- Bachelors’ degree in Systems, Communications, Optical, or Electrical Engineering and/or MBA
Indeed - 19 months ago