About the Company:
Talize is the ultimate Thrift Experience! We offer customers exceptional product and value for their dollar. And our customers return the favour, with every item purchased or donated helping to support the Children's Wish Foundation. Talk about a win-win. Talize is your fashion, home and beauty needs destination. An urban space filled with incredible reads and impressive savings. One-of-a-kind and exactly what you were looking for discover it all for less. Like new and all you. With six stores in Western Ontario and growing we’re seeking leaders that have an entrepreneur spirit, passionate about their work, thrive on customer service and developing pipeline talent.
About the Position:
The Production Supervisor is responsible for aiding the production team in order to ensure that all day-to-day functions and production goals are met. This includes monitoring the processing of all incoming merchandise, the inspection of grading merchandise, and placement/organization of merchandise on the sales floor; supervising, directing and training production team members; monitoring and providing feedback on the progress and performance of production team members as well as managing the entire production room in the absence of the Assistant Store Manager. As part of our leadership team and reporting to the Assistant Store Manager you are directly responsible for maintaining and operating a company owned retail facility in a safe and profitable manner. You will create a store culture that is participatory and positive with high performing, engaged employees. You will create the Talize Thrift Experience!
- Understand and support store operations, policies and procedures
- Planning, scheduling and daily allocation of team members based on lbs. to be processed to meet company goals and generate profit
- Direct the team according to Talize expectations, policies and procedures
- Ensure optimal communication is being met by supporting and conducting department meetings (Safety meetings and Staff meetings)
- Prepare and/or oversee preparation of necessary reports and paperwork
- Work in conjunction with Sales Floor Manager and supervisor to achieve store goals and share resources as needed.
- Ensure merchandising standards are being met conducting daily floor walks to determine priorities and delegation of tasks
- 2- 3 years retail experience in a previous supervisory role.
- Understanding of store operations, financials, merchandising and sales.
- Must be organized with attention to detail and proven follow-up skills.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities
- Demonstrated management skills to include; coaching, training, recruiting and communication.
- Proficient computer skills, including Excel, Outlook Email, MS Office, etc.
How to Apply:
Interested applicants are asked to send their resume and a cover letter with subject line Production Supervisor – Peterborough. We thank applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No agencies please.
Indeed - 4 months ago