This position offers an excellent opportunity to work within a dynamic team to develop fun applications on mobile devices, with a specific focus, but not limited to Apple devices. The successful candidate would be expected to work within a small team to make a strong contribution to all aspects of developing mobile applications. The ideal candidate would be a highly motivated self starter with the ability to work with minimum supervision.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES – (IF APPLICABLE)
The responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to the following:
- Work within a small team of specialists in developing and maintaining innovative applications on mobile devices.
- Work closely with Product Design teams to understand market requirements and to define right solutions.
- Work with software development interfaces to mobile devices such as Apple, Blackberry, Android, and Windows Phone based mobile platforms.
- Estimate work effort and schedules for projects undertaken and complete them on time adhering to predetermined specification and quality standards.
- Deliver results that meet market requirements and product specifications with a high level of quality and customer satisfaction.
- Work closely with Quality Assurance in unit level and system testing, and problem resolution.
- Continue to stay up to date with technical developments in the applicable technical fields.
TECHNICAL / PROFESSIONAL COMPETENCIES (EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE)
- Mastery of the iPhone SDK with experience developing mobile applications for iPhone, iPod & iPad (Minimum 2 years)
- Mastery of the Android SDK with experience developing applications for mobile devices on the Android platform
- Java and C experience
- Experience in at least one of Eclipse, JDK, or Apache Ant
- 3+ of working experience with J2ME and RIM Blackberry application development
- Mastery of Windows Phone SDK, with experience developing mobile applications for device supporting this platform
- C# experience (3-5 years)
- Visual Studio, Expression Blend, Silverlight, XNA Framework
- Thorough understanding of the Windows Phone UI Design and Interaction Guide
- Strong background in interface design and implementation
- BS or above in Computer Science and 3-5 years of technical experience in software development
- Excellent analytical and system design skills, especially on mobile platforms
- A formal knowledge and experience in using data structures and software development methodologies
- Experience in performance analysis and tuning
- Strong team interaction skills
Why work at Kitco?
Since 1977, we have delivered a wide range of precious metal products and services to our customers and we are proud to have offices located worldwide including, Canada, United States and Hong Kong.
We believe in our employees and their capabilities and we encourage them to discover opportunities for growth and further success within Kitco. We reward, appreciate & acknowledge our employees accomplishments & initiatives through employee recognition programs and awards. We offer a positive, friendly work environment, many extracurricular activities such as sports teams, inter-departmental committees and opportunities for continuous training & development.
At Kitco, excellence is neither an occurrence nor an achievement, but an ongoing pursuit that leads to success. For more information we invite you to visit our corporate website at: https://careers-kitco.icims.com/jobs/intro
Apply at Kitco for an opportunity to discover your full potential!
Only the selected candidates will be contacted.