AURORA BOREALIS FILMS (www.auroraborealisfilms.com) is a Toronto based independent production company focused on producing film, television and web properties with strong thematic content and solid commercial potential. They are currently developing a new Web Series that is set to shoot in the first half of 2013.
They are seeking a Social Media Intern / Production Assistant with a strong knowledge and understanding of the digital media landscape, including various social media websites. The position will work directly with Producers, assisting with the development, pre-production, production and marketing launch of the Web Series, with a key focus on assisting in the management of the online marketing and social media communications for the series. The position is unpaid and is offered to post-secondary students, as well as recent graduates.
The Social Media Intern / Production Assistant will have the opportunity to learn about script development, casting, production management, fundraising and marketing in the process of working with an experienced team of highly dedicated professionals.
Specific duties include, but are not limited to:
- Help to maintain the Web Series presence on online social networking sites (primarily Facebook and Twitter) by starting conversations online and nurturing online visitors into deeper levels of involvement in the series. This will be done in partnership with the Producers.
- Monitor blogs, forums and social networks and look for ways to extend the Web Series outreach and improve engagement and traffic. Work with the Producers to provide content as appropriate, and to place said content appropriately.
- Develop relationships with relevant bloggers, providing them with information about the Web Series.
- Assist the Producers in scheduling and executing casting sessions, rehearsals and production schedules.
- Completion of at least two years of undergraduate studies desired. Preferably a marketing, communications, journalism, PR or film major.
- Strong English language/grammar skills.
- Must be outgoing, personable, articulate and have the ability to work with a diverse group of people.
- Must be comfortable working in an environment where creativity is encouraged.
- Must be web savvy and enjoy keeping up with new content-sharing technologies online.
- Avid users of social media (primarily Facebook and Twitter).
- Experience on previous online outreach desirable.
- Professional development in a challenging environment that prepares interns for full-time employment in a professional setting.
- Post-secondary credit if educational institution allows.
- Cover Letter – Please detail why you want to intern with Aurora Borealis Films, your internship objectives and career goals.
- Resume – Please list your complete educational and professional date and information about extracurricular activities.
- 1-3 Social Networking Profiles (if available) – Examples of your work that best reflects your ideas and skills.
To apply: Send your cover letter, resume and any Social Networking samples by January 25, 2013.
Due the volume of applications we receive, we will not respond to every application we receive. If we wish to contact you for an interview you will hear from us by phone or email. No phone calls please.
AURORA BOREALIS FILMS (www.auroraborealisfilms.com) is a Toronto based independent production company focused on producing film, television...