- To provide technical expertise, in either a primary or secondary role, to support various engineering, operations, safety and regulatory activities related to Smart Grid at our company.
- Investigate or test vendors' or competitors' products related to Smart Grid.
- Prepare specifications for purchases of materials or equipment for the Smart Grid.
- Perform investigations to gain cost effective access to the results of projects and product assessments as well as guidelines and standards that would enable us to make
prudent use of Smart Grid opportunities to improve price, quality and service for its customers.
- Complete Customer Impact Assessments for generation projects.
- Support activities to enable generation connections.
- Develop customer engagement and communication programs to engage and connect with Utilities’ customers and sustaining this engagement throughout the multi-year deployment of Smart Grid.
- Develop distribution feeder automation plans supported by results of business case studies.
- Perform substation automation planning and implementation which considers the effectiveness of technology available within substations that integrates measurement, protection and control.
- Develop cost effective sources of data that would benefit system operations or influence substation maintenance or upgrades plans.
- Support and participate in regular Health and Safety meetings.
- Adhere to all relevant Health and Safety and Environmental rules and regulations.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or recognized equivalent and professional membership with the PEO in good standing.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience with electrical distribution systems. Less than 5 years for various levels with the Engineer in Training (EIT) levels.
- Knowledge of regulatory and governmental requirements (OEB Rules and Regulations, PIPEDA,
OHSA, EUSA Rules, WHMIS and TDG Act).
- Knowledge of technical specifications/standards including CSA, CEA and Ontario Regulation 22/04.
- Knowledge of relevant Environmental legislation.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and organizational skills.
- Demonstrated ability to build relationships based on trust, integrity and mutual respect.
- Demonstrated knowledge of MS Office applications (Word, Excel, Access, MS Project & Visio).
- Must hold and maintain a valid class G driver’s license.
- Experience in a multi-service utility environment an asset.
- Experience in dealing with vendor representatives such as sales representatives and product managers an asset.
* Only qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview. Thanks.