Our client is a major Oil Sands producer which is based in Calgary, and has operations throughout Western Canada.
The Infrastructure Site Cost Control is responsible for the Infrastructure Construction Work Program located on a SAGD site in Northern Alberta. This role will report to the Calgary based Project Controls Lead, who has overall responsibility for the Project Controls functions including Planning and Scheduling, but will take direction from the Cost Control Lead.
- Set up of project controls systems to meet the Owner internal reporting requirements and preparation of Owner Reports to effectively communicate project status to stakeholders including Cash Flows, Cost Reports, Progress Reports, and Cost Analysis Reports.
- Management Of Change on the project including:
-Update of the Management Of Change Log.
-Identification, classification, and documentation of cost and schedule changes.
-Coordination of Contractor estimation of changes.
-Expediting and obtaining required approvals for changes.
-Early identification of impacts to project cost forecasts and working with management team to develop mitigation plans.
- Analyzing cost information (committed, expended, incurred & forecast) generated by the Contractor with the emphasis on identifying cost drivers that may impact Total Project Cost. Assists the project manager to identify and implement cost mitigation measures.
- Ensures integrity, validity, and accuracy of cost data within the Contractors’ systems.
- Ensures Contractor’s deliver information on a timely basis with supporting documentation consistent with Owner reporting requirements.
- Work with estimating Group to add value to the control budgets and benchmarking
- Provide assistance to the contingency management process.
- Prepare/manage budgets and forecast in conjunction with budget holders.
The ideal candidate will have:
- University degree or equivalent with 5 to 10 years’ experience in Cost Engineering in the Oil & Gas industry.
- 3 to 5 years’ experience in a construction management environment.
- Experience in budget development, change management, the gathering of cost data, and the preparation of cost reports.
- General knowledge of project management functions, procurement, and project accounting.
- Working knowledge of estimating techniques.
- Experience with earned value concepts and planning and scheduling would be considered assets.
We are looking for someone who:
- Is able to work well with team members to produce deliverables in a timely manner.
- Is flexible and adaptive.
- Pays attention to detail, accuracy of information and presentation.
- Has a strong analytical, organizational, and problem solving skill.
- Has an excellent communication skill (both written and verbal).
- Is a self-starter, able to work with minimal supervision.
APEGGA and/or AACE accreditations are an asset.
- 1 year contract
- Camp based, rotation is 9/5; 10-12 hour days
- Must be authorized to legally work in Canada