Reporting to the Shop Foreman, this role is responsible for overseeing and executing all tasks for the Heavy Equipment and Building. Daily communication with the Shop Foreman is required in order to ensure that issues are being approached proactively. This role secondarily reports to the Equipment Manager.
**The Shift for this role is 11:00AM - 7:00PM
Key Responsibilities and Functions
- Work within the plan as specified by the Shop Foreman to complete all the tasks associated with the needs of the equipment including scheduled PM and unscheduled repairs.
- Wash equipment on a daily basis.
- Take trucks in for service
- Drop off small equipment for service.
- Deliver small equipment to various job sites.
- Keep shop clean and tidy.
- Monitor inventory, update the existing inventory on a daily basis.
- Send orders for inventory through the Equipment Manager.
- Load all trench trucks with stock for the day.
- Pull hoods, prep all the trucks to ensure the drivers do pre and post inspections.
- When time allows, clean the shop, stripping the cable.
- Maintenance of positive communication and relationships with equipment service departments.
- Ensuring that all equipment in the shop is clean and professional looking at all times.
- Experience performing general shop duties including the service and maintenance of equipment.
- RSTS and First Aid Level 1 certifications
- Valid Class 5 driver’s license with clean driver’s abstract
- Ability to work independently and mechanically inclined.