Our Client, a global leader in the food manufacturing industry since 1957 is proudly committed to manufacturing innovative and high-quality food products for their customers around the world. They know that their success depends on the people that work for them and they are willing invest in their employees’ growth and development. On behalf of our client we are currently recruiting for a Shipping Supervisor in their facility located in Portage La Prairie, Manitoba.
The facility operates with over 100 employees and is responsible for the domestic and export distribution of finished goods. The ideal candidate serves as a key link in training, directing and staffing all shift activities. The Shipping Supervisor will manage the efficient loading of transport trucks and maintain optimal inventory levels to ensure the fulfillment of the daily sales needs. This role will appeal to a hands-on supervisor and leader who is dedicated to continuous improvement, values team work, enjoys inspiring results and developing others.
- Supervise a team of 15 employees within the shipping and receiving warehouse operation
- Manage the inventory control system (WMS) to include daily and period inventory counts
- Produce regular reports and statistics on a daily, weekly and monthly basis that will include costs, loading/transport productivity, and inventory levels
- Provide continuous improvements to processes and procedures to meet targets and maintain shipping compliance
- Ensures the training of employees, setting of performance goals, organization of work, and maintenance of a productive and motivational climate
- Maintain formal and informal communications in order to respond to the needs of the individual and the business
- Interface with other staff members to support safety, production and quality to foster total management and warehouse utility
- Follow a rotating shift with his/her employees, but may be required to attend meetings and trainings outside the shift schedule
- Post secondary education in Business or other relevant field of study
- 3-5 years of proven supervisory experience
- Experience within a warehousing, shipping, receiving or transportation environment
- Supervisory experience and ability to demonstrate leadership skills
- Strong process improvement skills (ability to develop and implement processes)
- Highly developed computer skills in MS Office Suite
- Experience with SAP an asset
- Strong analytical and logistics skills
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Able to plan and organize work schedules
- Able to support continuous improvement and change initiatives
- Experience of working with continuous improvements programs such as 5S and Kaizen
This role will appeal to an individual who enjoys challenging the status quo, has excellent communication skills and multitasking abilities, has a positive attitude and is very energetic. If you have a can do spirit, dare to be different, value teamwork and the sharing of ideas and are interested in learning more about this opportunity please forward your resume to Tracey through Indeed or call 204-336-6249.
MNP is a leading national accounting, tax and business consulting firm in Canada. We proudly serve and respond to the needs of our clients...