~Potatoes with Personality!
For over 16 years, The Little Potato Company has worked to build a solid reputation as an industry leader. As the only organization in Canada that specializes in growing, packaging and selling small potatoes, we have the precise combination of knowledge and experience that customers look for when they select a quality product. At The Little Potato Company we foster a healthy and safe work environment, and believe our employees are as unique and wonderful as our potatoes!
The responsibility of a Shipper is to wrap, pack/unpack, store, ship, receive, and record the movement of products, supplies, materials, equipment and stock to and from the production plant.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Daily inventory count, report, and reconcile of raw & finished product in both coolers with our Web Information System.
· Organization and housekeeping of coolers. Maintain order and rotation of aged inventory and partial palettes.
· Ensure fast and accurate load & offload and receiving to minimize wait times and product temperature abuse.
· Receives packaging material, general supplies, various types of chemicals, (includes damaged goods, incorrect packaging, spoilage or incorrect order assembly).
· Ensures all supplies are received correctly and safely by inspecting and counting the items and checking them against packing slips or other documents.
· Follows instruction from the Shipping Supervisor who will determine the priority of orders.
· Assemble orders based on the information from the picking slips posted in the plant office, from the packaged product stored in coolers, or from pallets stacked during packaging.
· Relocates assembled order into the cooler to await shipping.
· Relocates packaged potatoes on pallets from the packaging area to the storage coolers immediately, or directly to the shipping area if required.
· Locates and retrieves misplaced returned products by checking the “receiving information form”.
· Organization of boxes, bag, and supply.
· Notifies the Shipping Supervisor about shortages of packaged products, supplies, and chep pallets in the cooler and storage for orders to be assembled and shipped, inaccurate shipments and improper shipment documentation.
· Record items received and the location where they’re stored and ensure all paperwork is placed in the appropriate pick up slot in the plant office.
· Confirms and adheres to all established company policies and procedures and government legislations pertaining to transportation of dangerous goods and occupational health and safety.
· Other duties as required
Successful completion of grade 10. Preference will be given to those with a high school diploma.
Some related experience is an asset.
Forklift Certification is an asset
Basic English language skills.
Able to lift up to 25kg of goods repeatedly.
Good time management and organizational skills.
Can work in a team setting
While we thank in advance all those who apply, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.