NOV Downhole is looking for a Service Technician at their Estevan location. As a Service Technician, responsibilities are as follows:
- Service, test, repair, assemble and/or dismantle Downhole drilling tools.
- Ensure that all service tools are in acceptable working order and are maintained as required by NOV standard procedures.
- Perform equipment inspections and provide documentation as required.
- Participate in job risk analysis and continual improvement programs/HSE initiatives in the district.
- Communicate to the Supervisor any issues with equipment, tools, inspections, and HSE concerns.
- Maintain safe work practices and follow policies and procedures.
- Other duties as assigned
- Strong work ethic and multi-tasking skills required.
- Meet the Level I-III requirements on Level Guide below.
- Entry level position, shop floor experience is an asset, but not required
- Required to take forklift and overhead crane training - to be provided by the company
- Other training as required by the company
- Decisions reviewed and made in conjunction with senior personnel
- Takes direction and works under direct supervision
- 1 ‐2 years service shop experience
- Trained Service Technician with good knowledge of Downhole Tools
- Able to work under minimal supervision
- Performs complex duties requiring additional skills and judgment
- 3+ years service shop experience required
- Trained Service Technician with expert knowledge of Downhole Tools
- Could supervise and coach junior staff
- Works independently under minimal supervision
- Performs more complex duties requiring additional skills and judgment
- Able to work and act as a Leadhand