Our busy equipment client is looking for an experienced Service Manager to add to their team. The Service Manager should be a capable leader, with the ability to organize, train and supervise personnel. Must be capable to manage the entire service operation including shop assignments, personnel and standards of performance and work output to satisfy customer’s service needs. This position will report to the General Manager and will be part of the active management group.
- Build and develop a market for service work.
- Supervise and control work load of service technicians
- Schedule service work according to priority and maintains an orderly flow of work
- Advise customers of necessary repair service including estimates of cost; also make recommendations to customers for preventative maintenance
- Handle customer complaint problems pertaining to service and repair work
- Supervise the training of service technicians with in-house training programs
- Maintain all service tools and service vehicles
- Responsible for the safety of service technicians and maintaining a safe working environment in the shop area
- Develops service advertising and promotion programs
- Responsible for prompt reconditioning of trade-in equipment
- Order and maintain adequate supplies and parts for service department inventory
- Responsible for drafting department sales and operating budget
- Work in co-ordination with Parts, Office, Sales and Management
- Make sure warranty claims are processed and forwarded to supplier
- Will work with the parts manager to establish a basic parts list for certain overhaul jobs
- Responsible for issuing purchase orders for the service department
- Responsible for service department profits
The qualified candidate will possess:
- 4 plus years' experience within a Service Management position
- Organizational ability and systematic timing, knowledge of work processes and requirements for both physical labour and shop equipment
- Leadership, tact and knowledge in assigning and instructing personnel in the proper performance of mechanical operations safely and without damage to materials or persons
- Basic understanding of accounting systems and procedures.
Our client is offering a competitive compensation plan with benefits and other options.