Competition Number: LM0041
Location: Kitimat, BC
Leavitt Machinery is one of North America’s largest Dealer and Distributers of Materials Handling and Aerial equipment including but not limited to internal combustion forklifts, electric forklifts, electric narrow aisle equipment, manlifts, scissor lifts, telescopic handlers, loaded and empty container handlers, industrial sweeper & scrubbers yard and terminal tractors.
Our 18 full service multi-line branches provide the best in New, Used and Rental equipment, mobile service, parts, and industry leading safety training. Already established in Washington State, British Columbia and Alberta, we are looking to grow our team in the following area.
We are currently recruiting a Service Manager to grow our service team in Kitimat, BC. As a Service Manager, you will work as the direct supervisor of a team of technicians and will work with our centralized service support team to meet the needs of customers throughout the Kitimat region. Your job will include, but not be limited to providing direction & motivation for all employees within your region, maintain and grow the service structure within your branch and taking the lead to ensure all levels of the safety program are being adhered in your region.
Job Description Details
- Conduct regular toolbox meetings with all mechanics in the region
- Conduct regular meetings with parts/svc staff at the branch level
- Take the lead on developing key customer accounts
- Take ownership of all HR functions within your region including employee review/discipline/termination
- Maintain frequent contact with staff in the region and address concerns as they arise
- Complete SWO's on policy and redo jobs as required
- Frequent review of each service job description and perform spot checks
- Take ownership of facilities issues and be active in addressing them
- Maintain a close awareness on all performance measures/graphs for the region
Job Skills & Requirements
- Experience in similar roles is considered a strong asset
- Previous Aerial & Lift Truck experience is considered a strong asset
- Strong computer and trouble shooting skills
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills
- Deals with conflicts effectively
- Experienced with financial statements would be considered an asset
- The ability to work well under pressure and with deadlines
- The ability to work well independently
Please apply by submitting your resume quoting the competition number and/or job title to careers (AT) leavitt.ca
Leavitt Machinery is committed to Employment Equity and encourages applications from all qualified candidates. We would like to thank all those who apply, however, we will only be contacting those candidates that we believe will be a successful fit in our organization.