Service Coordinator (Lynchpin) Wanted for established IT Consulting Firm
Final Frontiers supplies unlimited support for its clients. We deliver root cause fixes to their technical issues ensuring a high degree of customer satisfaction. Our goal is to remove the headaches of technology and enable businesses to succeed by leveraging IT.
The successful candidate has proven experience in streamlining service delivery, reducing support time, and improving client satisfaction.
- The Service Coordinator will be the first point of contact for our clients by phone or email. The successful candidate will use their knowledge of IT dispatching procedures to:
- Identify the priority of the call
- Open a trouble ticket using Tigerpaw software
- Manage response times and escalation times according to contracts and SLAs
- Assign the call to the appropriate qualified, available Systems Analyst
- Schedule all calls for Analyst’ using a calendar system
- Set expectations with client and establish escalation time
- Depending on skills, the candidate may possibly solve Tier 1 support issues by phone or remote control (they will almost never go onsite).
- Monitor our dashboard of client networks and manage auto-generated trouble tickets.
- Create appropriate reports for management.
- Create and send appropriate weekly and monthly reports to clients
- Track time logs from Systems Analysts
- Perform quality assurance checks and prepare monthly invoices
- Write policies and procedures
- Train new staff on policies and procedures
- Interpret technical notes and translate to layperson speak for clients
- Occasionally back fill for techs by configuring desktops, servers, routers, etc. for deployment at clients’ offices.
- Participate in the procurement process and liaise with accounting team to ensure proper procedures are followed. Once parts are ordered (by Systems Team Lead), Liaise with vendors and clients to ensure shipments are not delayed.
- Use their background, training, and experience to champion Help Desk best practices into our organization.
- Complete quality control checks on Trouble Tickets ensuring clients are satisfied with our service, time logs and documentation accurately reflects the value and description of the work performed. Technical Team Leads will be cc’d on Service Orders for their clients so that they can lend QA support to the Service Coordinator.
- Participate in monthly invoicing cycle by closing open Trouble Tickets and either preparing invoices to clients or liaising with the accounting department to do so.
- Become an expert at Tigerpaw software, and continuously improve our internal use of the tool. Become an internal champion of Tigerpaw.
- Become an internal champion of our remote monitoring tool. Learn the tool intimately, and ensure we leverage all the features and functions it offers.
- Create daily status reports and run daily huddles/updates with the Analysts.
- Other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
Skills & Education:
- Intimate knowledge and ability to teach others on Help Desk best practices, managing to Service Level Agreements, and dispatching. Can easily compare and contrast different helpdesk models and make recommendations to optimize ours.
- Strong professional writing skills, grammar and spelling
- Desire to learn continuously, a demonstrated persistent passion for personal growth and education
- Thick skinned and great customer service skills
- Excellent attention to detail and well organized
- Doesn’t mind overtime and will do what it takes to get things done for the team.
- Ability to interpret technical notes and explain them at a layperson’s level
- Can mentor and train new Help Desk Analysts and Systems Analysts on process
- Is driven to look after the details and follow process.
- University degree is preferred primarily for their ability to write proper reports. Equivalent grammar, spelling, editing, and report/procedure writing is acceptable.
- Preference given to those with Help Desk Institute, Pink Elephant, or other ITIL certification.
- Internal Help Desk Best practices course for supervisors is considered an asset. Course such as Client Service, Help Desk Metrics tracking, Balanced Scorecards, Escalation processes, Work Flow Management, and Service Level Agreements are considered valuable.
- The ability to influence behavior change in others without necessarily having the authority to insist on that change. Proper escalation to Management is required in such instances.
The successful candidate exemplifies our core values and fits with:
- Fun – We love what we do and continuously seek opportunities to inject Fun into our day.
- Team – We respect and enjoy our team: our truly supportive environment helps us all live up to our core values.
- Service+1 – We are dedicated to surpassing our clients’ expectations and delivering more than we promise.
- Growth – Final Frontiers is an environment that truly fosters growth for the company, the individuals and the community around us.
- Work Smart – We focus on areas in which we can be the best.
- Technical Excellence – Through innovation, vision and education, we continuously strive to deliver best-in-class services.
Final Frontiers’ culture is strongly influenced by the Rockefeller Habits book by Verne Harnish.
- Arrive early and on time to get their finger on the pulse of the day and to organize their day and the day of the Technical Team.
- Participate in morning huddle
- Check time logs
- Review progress on Service Orders, reprioritize, escalate, or reassign them as required
- Update clients on progress for Service Orders that are not progressing on schedule
- Procure parts after tech provides appropriate details
- QA notes and time logs in Service Orders. Closing those that can be closed and calling clients to ensure satisfaction on their end for non-routine, sensitive, or “tricky” Service Orders.
- Open new Service Orders in real-time and balance workload across Systems Analysts.
- On occasion, answer high-priority after hours Service Requests.
What the Candidate needs to know About Us:
- Final Frontiers is sixteen years old. We started in 1996.
- We have been rewriting our business plan for two+ years while we planned to execute on an exciting new opportunity we call: Fliite. Fliite is a Local Cloud Computing solution providing the best of the Cloud while minimizing the risks of the cloud for small businesses. In essence, with Fliite, our clients will never need to buy most of their network infrastructure again.
- Fliite turns Capital expenditures into predictable Operational Expenditures. Final Frontiers provides our clients with all the hardware, software, support, and projects required to run their company for one flat monthly fee per user. The client can scale up or down their operations and they never need to pay for hardware or software again.
Indeed - 2 years ago
Final Frontiers supplies unlimited support for its clients. We deliver root cause fixes to their technical issues ensuring a high degree of...