At Ericsson we use innovation to empower people, business and society. We envisage a Networked Society that is sustainable, and where everything that can benefit from a connection will have one. Our mobile and fixed networks, multimedia solutions and telecom services make a real difference to people’s lives, and the world we live in.
This team is part of BNET- Broadband Networking, the R+D arm of Ericsson. These engineers are key to not only the future of Ericsson, but to also keeping Ericsson on the leading edge of network infrastructure technology. They are responsible for the architecture, design, development, and enhancement of high quality IP Infrastructure forwarding software on Ericsson’s current and next generation industry leading Multi-Service SmartEdge router products, a part of Ericsson’s flagship line..
Roughly 50% of the world’s mobile and fixed traffic will encounter their code in its transmission.
- Act as both a visionary and a hands-on contributor as we pursue the architectural evolution of our QOS and Traffic Shaping components across multiple platforms
- Pro-actively address technical and process challenges in order to position our team to meet future market requirements and accelerate feature velocity.
- Use your mix of technical, industry, business and cross-functional knowledge to translate customer requirements into solution oriented engineering requirements
- Act as a champion of quality and performance by vigilantly safeguarding and maintaining the integrity of our code and architecture
- Work with global cross-functional teams to address and resolve complex problems including critical customer issues
- Contribute to the growth of the organization by leading and mentoring other team members and sharing your expertise with a broad audience.
- Exceptional contributor routinely recognized by peers and supervisors for delivering unsurpassed quality and performance
- Experience implementing network traffic shaping and QOS in both forwarding and control planes
- Knowledge of related topics such as weighted fair queuing, random early drop, token bucket algorithms and packet classification.
- Working knowledge of router and switch design & architecture with solid understanding of factors involved in achieving maximum performance
- Experience with assembly language or NPU (IXP, EZChip) programming
- Expertise in other data plane forwarding functions such as ACL, Deep Packet Inspection, Lawful Intercept and Traffic Mirroring
Bare minimum qualifications:
- A team player with a solid work ethic and a reputation for delivering cutting-edge, world class solutions
- 4-15+ years of experience of software development in a complex product environment including embedded and distributed components
- Demonstrated experience optimizing the performance and scale of complex software systems with limited resources
- Possesses strong C programming skills and is highly proficient at partitioning systems and defining the interface between components
- Excellent attention to detail and an aptitude for solving abstract problems
- Familiar with multi-threaded Linux daemon software development in an environment requiring high performance, scale, and availability
- Solid understanding of the data networking industry including LAN/WAN and network layer protocols
*please note all roles at Ericsson’s Vancouver site are subject to US Export Compliance regulations.
DISCLAIMER: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of employees assigned to this position. Therefore employees assigned may be required to perform additional job tasks required by the manager.