Espial is seeking a C/C++ Software Developer with Linux platform expertise to build the next generation of our TV Everywhere client as part of our Media Services Platform (MSP) solution. MSP manages the delivery of video content to the next generation of consumer devices such as Smart TVs, tablets, mobiles, and PCs. As part of the team, you will be mainly responsible for working closely with different Open Source Software projects and bringing the appropriate pieces together into a reference distribution that you will build, maintain and distribute. You will also be responsible for developing and maintaining features in our Evo Client product.
- Experience working with Open Source Software projects
- Experience working with Linux distributions and build system
- Ability to download up to date packages of various Open Source Software (e.g. WebKit, Gstreamer, Qt) and integrate them together into a distribution
- Ability to develop and maintain installers for the distributions
- Minimum 5+ years of experience in C / C++ software development
- Excellent debugging, problem solving and testing skills
- Comfortable working in fast-paced and dynamic environment
- Strong communication skills
- Bachelor of Computer Science, Electrical / Computer Engineering or equivalent.
Ideal Candidate Will Also Have:
- Knowledge of open source projects such as Qt and/or GStreamer and/or Webkit
- Understanding of IPTV and OTT concepts and applications
- Experience working within a Scrum development methodology
Indeed - 16 months ago
Founded in 1997, Espial Group Inc. is a leading provider of on-demand TV software and software services including programming and technical...