A pioneer in connected car technology, Intelligent Mechatronic Systems Inc. (IMS) of Waterloo, Ontario is dedicated to developing and commercializing real connected car solutions. The company’s innovative technology includes iLane™, an award-winning human machine interface for in-car media, messaging and location based services as well as DriveSync®, an M2M platform that powers usage-based insurance, road tolling and fleet programs globally. IMS’ unique approach uses both over-the-air and secure, in-car technology that allows drivers to access on-demand content from the cloud such as weather, real-time traffic and music as well as in-car content including emails, text messages and smart telephony apps from your smartphone.
Reporting to the Hardware Manager, you will be designing RF hardware in new products and/or improving existing products, working with various wireless technologies including GSM/UMTS/CDMA, GPS, Bluetooth, WiFi, and RFID. In addition, you will work closely with the current group of engineers and communicate with various teams.
Why join IMS?
- An innovative technology leader that is pursuing aggressive market growth
- A company committed to your personal and professional development and growth within the organization
- Comprehensive benefits (health, dental, vision care and employee assistance program), with no waiting period. Goodlife Fitness membership discount and more.
- Industry-competitive salary, vacation, and flexible work hours
- State of the art facility with free parking, close to walking trails, shopping, restaurants and summer outdoor markets
Your role at IMS:
- RF circuit design, simulation, component selection, tuning and testing
- Managing the co-existence of multiple antennas systems with GSM/UMTS/CDMA, GPS, Bluetooth and WiFi
- Designing to meet radio certifications requirements including PTCRB and FCC
- Troubleshooting and fixing any RF related design issues
- Must have experience with small form factor radio devices.
- Bachelors of Electrical Engineering with good technical knowledge of RF circuits
- Masters Degree in Electrical Engineering in RF relevant area is an asset
- Minimum 3 to 5 years of RF hardware design or relevant experience
- Hands on experience in tuning and troubleshooting RF analog circuits
- Experienced with using and calibrating Agilent, Tektronix or equivalent test equipments
- Experienced in RF design best practices, impedance matching and selecting RF components
- Familiar with simulation tools including Agilent ADS
- Experienced with Altium Designer or comparable software to do schematic and layout design
- Strong interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
- Innovative and open minded to new techniques and technologies
- Self-motivated, with ability to work independently and within teams
- Ability to work in a fast paced and changing environment
A pioneer in connected car technology, Intelligent Mechatronic Systems Inc. (IMS) of Waterloo, Ontario is dedicated to developing and...