Position: Senior Project Engineering
Location: Ayr, Ontario (Near Cambridge, Kitchener/Waterloo)
Hours of Work: Monday to Thursday 8:00AM-4:30PM; Friday 8:00AM-2:00PM
Benefits: Comprehensive Health and Dental, Pension Plan, Course Reimbursement Program and many others.
Bend All Automotive Incorporated (BAA) is a leading supplier of Automotive Components and Automation Tooling Equipment. BAA supports customers worldwide with leading technology through product design, prototyping, product validation, tool building and a flexible streamlined manufacturing process. Our expertise is not limited to standard forming techniques, but entails the utilization of synchronized manufacturing systems that provide our customers with cost effective and mistake proof solutions.
We are always seeking talented, motivated people to help us grow. We are proud of the quality and workmanship of every part we supply to our customers. Above all, we value our team members because they are the foundation of our success and key to our future.
The Senior Project Engineering is responsible for supporting program activities for current and future programs including coordinating prototype development and participating in cross functional problem solving teams.
- Supports Program Manager in program launch activities from initiation to completion
- Coordinates customer requirements and liase with various departments for the development of new projects/programs
- Provides ongoing and consistent service to existing customers to ensure established specifications are met
- Conducts research into project feasibility, design, operation and performance of mechanisms, components and systems
- Reviews all production and prototype (incoming) drawings and assess for changes, specifications and standard formats
- Provides technical support for tooling/gauge builds, designs, quotations, and sourcing of tooling/gauging
- Responsible for coordinating prototype development internally and with external vendors
- Provides program status updates to Program Manager and customers as required
- Participates in Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP), Problem Solving and Continuous Improvement (CI) team meetings by providing technical support as required
Qualifications (education & skills required):
- Post-Secondary education in Engineering (mechanical, manufacturing)
- Minimum of three (3) to five (5) years Engineering experience in a light industrial manufacturing environment
- Ability to analyze and interpret blueprint specifications using the principles of GD&T
- Thorough knowledge of Quality Management Systems (TS16949)
- Practical knowledge of welding principles and application an asset
- Practical knowledge of gauge and tooling design an asset
- Previous work experience in manufacturing or process engineering preferred
- Diplomacy, tact, and professionalism when interacting with all team members
- Ability to perform in a high-pressure environment
- Focus and discipline; pride in work
We look forward to meeting qualified candidates for this opportunity and encourage those who are interested to submit a resume, outlining salary expectations, to Human Resources, through our website www.bend-all.com.
Only candidates that are suitable for this role will be interviewed. Thank you for your interest in wanting to join a strong and committed team of professionals.
PLEASE QUOTE JOB TITLE IN SUBJECT LINE