Position: Senior Project Engineer
Location: Ayr, Ontario (Near Cambridge, Kitchener/Waterloo)
Hours of Work: Monday to Thursday 8:00AM-4:30PM; Friday 8:00AM-2:00PM
Benefits: Comprehensive Health and Dental, Pension Plan, Course Reimbursement Program and many others.
Bend All Automotive Incorporated (BAA) is a leading supplier of Automotive Components and Automation Tooling Equipment. BAA supports customers worldwide with leading technology through product design, prototyping, product validation, tool building and a flexible streamlined manufacturing process. Our expertise is not limited to standard forming techniques, but entails the utilization of synchronized manufacturing systems that provide our customers with cost effective and mistake proof solutions.
We are always seeking talented, motivated people to help us grow. We are proud of the quality and workmanship of every part we supply to our customers. Above all, we value our team members because they are the foundation of our success and key to our future.
The position of Senior Project Engineer is responsible for
- Conduct research into the feasibility, design, operation and performance of mechanisms, components and systems
- Review all production and prototype (incoming) drawings and assess for changes, specifications and standard formats using GD&T
- Service existing accounts on a consistent basis to ensure customer satisfaction
- Coordinate customer requirements and liase with various departments for the development of new projects/programs
- Coordinate prototype development and providing technical support for tooling/gauge builds, designs, quotations, and sourcing of tooling/gauging
- Provide program status updates to Management and customers as required
- Participate in Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP), Problem Solving and Continuous Improvement (CI) team meetings
- Secure business from existing/prospective US automotive companies and identify opportunities for growth and product development
- Establish and maintain long term business relationships with customers
- Provide engineering support and direction to the department and others as required
- Interface with various manufacturing locations, as well as with current/prospective US automotive customers
- Release and track tooling builds as required
Qualifications (education & skills required):
- University degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent experience
- Minimum of five (5) years Engineering experience in a manufacturing setting
- Ability to analyze and interpret blueprint specifications using the principles of GD&T
- Working knowledge of welding principles and application
- Customer liaison experience with a strong commitment to customer satisfaction
- Knowledge of gauge and tooling design
- Thorough knowledge of TS standards
- Computer literate; capable of working with MS Office
- Strong communication skills; both verbal and written
- Excellent leadership skills with a focus on ownership of projects
- Sound planning and organizational skills
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Diplomacy, tact, and professionalism when interacting with all team members
- Ability to perform in a high-pressure environment
- Flexible and creative approach while working in an environment that is dedicated to continuous improvement
- Respect for corporate management system and practices
- Focus and discipline; pride in work
We look forward to meeting qualified candidates for this opportunity and encourage those who are interested to submit a resume, outlining salary expectations, to Human Resources, through our website www.bend-all.com.
Only candidates that are suitable for this role will be interviewed. Thank you for your interest in wanting to join a strong and committed team of professionals.
PLEASE QUOTE JOB TITLE IN SUBJECT LINE