Tervita is a leading North American environmental and energy services company. Our 4,100 dedicated employees partner with natural resource and industrial companies who share our values and work with them to create a sustainable future. Safety is our highest priority: it influences our actions, guides our decisions and shapes our culture. We maintain a strategically located network of more than 95 state-of-the-art waste management facilities and a fleet of specialized equipment and assets to help customers address production and operational waste challenges. Our highly effective, convenient and environmentally sound solutions help minimize environmental impact and maximize returns.
A privately-held company, we’ve been known for the past 25 years by the brands of our founding companies: CCS, Hazco, Beck, Concord and others. By joining together our individual expertise, experience, assets and services, we will be uniquely positioned to develop integrated project management solutions and provide customers easier access to our broad range of comprehensive services.
With environmental waste treatment facilities operating in Alberta, British Columbia and Saskatchewan, Tervita Waste Processing has become western Canada's leader in treatment, recovery and disposal of petroleum by-products. As a customer-driven organization, we take great pride in finding innovative customer-focused solutions. We maintain our long-term commitment to environmental stewardship by constantly striving to exceed industry standards. With approximately 700 employees, our focus on continuous improvement and operational excellence allows us to grow as a global leader of energy services.
Tervita Corporation has an immediate need for an experienced Process Engineer to join our Engineering & Technical Services Team on a 6 month Contract basis in the Waste Processing Division. The successful candidate will be responsible for front-end engineering design and contractor management and will work closely with EPCM firms. A key aspect of this role is establishing, maintaining and improving Waste Processing’s capabilities to effectively decrease time to scope projects. This position will interact with field and business development clients, designing and defining projects scopes.
- Work with a multidisciplinary team of Engineering and Technical professionals;
- Ensure projects and initiatives are implemented to achieve optimum results;
- Communicate key issues to management;
- Liaise with internal and external stakeholders to leverage project delivery and execution;
- Engage in contractor management of EPCM firms;
- Influence and support a culture of continuous improvement and change management focused at operational process improvements that either increase efficieny through reduced costs or increased output;
- Build strong relationships with the Operations Management team to understand support requirements and to identify key opportunities for process improvement;
- Provide technical support to Tervita Waste Processing in all aspects;
- Transition project scope to Project Management Team for execution;
- Provide leadership in the developments of PFD’s and P&ID’s for FEED projects.
- P.Eng. Process or Chemical Engineering degree with a minimum of 10 years experience in a related field;
- Project Management experience an asset;
- Facilities Process engineering background in the energy sector;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Strong computer skills and ability to effectively utilize Microsoft Word, Excel, Project, PowerPoint, Outlook and Windows.
Your strengths include strong communication skills (both written and verbal), the ability to multi-task, as well as the ability to work effectively both in a team environment and independently. You will have a high level of integrity and honestly, the ability to develop strong client relationships (with both internal and external clients), along with having excellent entrepreneurial skills and personal management skills, demonstrating self-confidence, initiative, perseverance as well as a high level of self motivation.