Optelian is a trusted designer and manufacturer of optical networks. The company has been proudly serving some of the world’s largest network operators since 2002. The company’s portfolio of optical solutions enables telecom, multi-service operator (MSO), utility and enterprise customers to expand their fiber capacity so they can increase revenue and cost-effectiveness.
Optelian is known industry-wide for its exceptional product quality, speed of delivery, superior customer support and custom-design capabilities.
Recently named in the Deloitte Technology Fast 50 and Fast 500 Rankings, Optelian is growing the R&D group.
Senior Network Management Software Designer
Network Management Software designer with experience designing and developing distributed, highly available, multi-threaded management systems.
- Design, develop and maintain best-in-class equipment and service management system for managing high speed optical and carrier ethernet networks.
- Actively participate in the architecture and design of the application.
- Work across the entire server including the middleware and database.
- A bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Engineering discipline with at least 5 years of software development experience in Java.
- Strong object oriented design skills
- Ability to design and develop software that is flexible, maintainable and efficient.
- Strong concurrency skills and expertise in designing and developing highly multi-threaded java applications.
- Experience developing software that interacts with database (e.g., MySQL)
- Team player with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Highly productive and self-motivated.
- Desire for continual learning.
- Experience in designing and developing software for highly available management systems.
- Experience using the latest Java features/APIs (e.g., concurrency control, collections framework)
- Knowledge of database replication (e.g., MySQL)
- SNMP, MPLS or Carrier Ethernet
- Knowledge of optical telecommunications (DWDM/OTN/SONET/Ethernet).
- Knowledge of ITU-T standards such as M.3100, G.805
- Other programming languages: Python, C, C++
- Knowledge of web application frameworks
- Experience with Web UI design and development