Microserve is looking for a Senior Linux Server Analyst to join our team in Edmonton. In this role you will provide operational support and maintenance for our client's server environment, and assist with project work. You will work within a small Microserve team that is dedicated to providing proactive network and server support for a critical, high availability environment for one of Microserve's enterprise clients. The successful candidate will have proven experience as a Linux Server Administrator within an enterprise organization with very high service level expectations.
- Managing and maintaining backup jobs and associate logs
- Managing backup tapes and performing file restores for clients
- Managing and maintaining the Storage Area Networks (SAN)
- Administering security permissions and maintaining file servers
- Responding to all client and developer inquiries regarding user access and security permissions
- Performing daily checks of virus console and deploying the latest virus patterns to all Linux servers
- Capacity planning which includes preparing locations for new application installs as needed
- Managing and maintaining system updates; including installing server BIOS updates, RAID BIOS updates as needed
- Performing daily checks of health of DNS / WINS replication and domain trusts with the client's domain
- Work closely with vendors to find hardware/software solutions
- Assisting management in evaluating technologies which will strategically meet department requirements and standards
- Maintaining system alignment with ITIL best practices and standards, processes and procedures
- Maintaining the client's physical and logical server diagrams and create as needed
- Provide backfill and overflow assistance for Network Administrators on the team
- Provide 24x7 on call support
- Remain current knowledge of supported server and network technologies
- Completion and presentation of service level and associated reporting
- Identify and present opportunities for continuous improvement in service delivery to management team for review
- 5+ years of related experience administering Linux Servers in a critical, high availability, enterprise environment
- Expert level knowledge of Red Hat Linux, related training and certifications strongly preferred
- Strong network skills and experience are highly desirable in order to comfortably back up the Network Analysts on the same team
- CCNA or similar certification considered and/or an asset
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to handle multiple tasks independently
- Ability to coordinate multiple parties to deliver a successful solution
- Project management skills and proven ability to effectively balance competing priorities are considered an asset
- Please note: Must be available to be on-call on a rotational basis (1 out of 3 weeks) for a mission-critical system
Microserve is an IT Solutions Provider with over 20 years of experience. A Canadian organization with coverage across BC and Alberta, Microserve is a market leader in our industry. Microserve is a flexible and dynamic organization that encourages and rewards hard work, initiative, and out-of-the-box thinking. We pride ourselves on consistently providing high quality service to our clients and are always looking for talented IT professionals for contract, permanent and project-based positions.
Microserve offers competitive compensation, benefits, paid vacation, and educational subsidies. Microserve also provides IT professionals with the opportunity for rewarding and stimulating careers and offers a friendly work environment.
With over 25 years of experience, Microserve is a clear market leader in the delivery of a wide range of IT solutions and services to...