We are seeking bright front end developers to join our core team in shaking up the global fashion industry.
Our mission is to change the way fashion designers launch and grow their labels by freeing them from the limitation of money, publicity, and retail distribution.
Most fashion designers worldwide fail in launching or sustaining their own labels due to three main challenges:
3. Retail Distribution
- > A lack of money leads to no runway show during fashion week, which is held semi-annually in cities that promote fashion.
- > No runway show leads to no coverage by the fashion press, which remains the most important form of publicity in the industry.
- > No publicity leads to very little retail distribution or sales, which in turn leads to a lack of profit.
- > The vicious cycle continues…
Currently, there are tens of thousands of fashion designers worldwide, and yet there are only a handful of fashion labels that most people are exposed to due to the above challenges.
What We Do
We are building an integrated ecommerce site that empowers fashion designers with online media, PR, and retail.
Our mission is to change the way fashion designers launch and grow their labels by freeing them from the limitation of money, publicity, and retail distribution. In doing so, consumers will be able to buy quality designs from tens of thousands of “hidden” fashion designers from around the world.
At the core, we will provide profile management, product management, and promotion management tools that facilitate online press coverage and online retail for the designers.
We want front end developers who are driven, technically sound, and entrepreneurial in spirit.
- Familiar with LAMP stack
- Object-oriented PHP programming
- Knowledge of MySQL database
- Strong jQuery and AJAX skills
- Yii framework (http://www.yiiframework.com)
- Bootstrap front-end framework (http://twitter.github.io/bootstrap)
- Experience with SVN
Please kindly understand that we are a startup with limited resources and have deliberately decided not to take on any venture capital. VCs usually do more damage to startups in terms of direction and business model.
Therefore, we are not looking for “employees” at this stage. We are looking for technical partners who will be a part of our high caliber core team.
The compensation will be an ongoing royalty based on revenue. We make sure it is a fair model with generous financial reward as soon as the business generates revenue.
For those of you who end up coming on board, we promise that you won’t be disappointed!
If you believe in our mission in shaking up the global fashion industry, and are genuinely interested in building a well architected ecommerce site, we welcome you to respond to this ad by email with your resume and online portfolio.