Job Posting Title
Senior Financial Analyst
Our employees help Vancouver consistently rank as one of the world's most livable cities. We are one of Canada's Top 100 Employers, BC's Top Employers, Canada's Best Diversity Employers, and Best Employers for New Canadians. Vancouver is striving to become the greenest city in the world by 2020. You too can make a difference by applying for the following opportunity.
Long-term Financial Planning, Financial Planning & Analysis, Financial Services Group
July 28, 2013
Regular Full Time
Position Start Date
August 05, 2013
Annual salary of $84,938 to $109,117
Main Purpose & Function
The Senior Financial Analyst reports to the Senior Manager, Long-term Financial Planning. As an integral member of the Financial Planning & Analysis team, the main functions of this role are: support development of the City's long-term financial plan and strategy; support development of corporate financial and property taxation policies; provide strategic decision support to senior management on priority initiatives.
Specific Duties & Responsibilities
Long-term Financial Planning: Support development of the City's long-term financial plan and strategy; Develop and maintain the City's long-term financial model incorporating corporate and departmental business plans, Council initiatives and regional plans; Support 3-year Capital Plan and 10-year Capital Strategic Outlook development processes; Conduct scenario analysis taking into consideration macro economic factors; Support development of corporate financial policies through best practice research and policy and financial analysis; Track and report on key financial and non-financial performance indicators.
Strategic Decision Support: Make recommendations to senior management on priority initiatives based on sound financial and policy analysis; Support development of public amenity financial strategy for major development projects; Determine financial implications of major corporate decisions
Property Taxation: Provide policy and financial analytics relating to the City's property tax policies; Determine policy and financial implications of legislative changes.
Other duties/responsibilities as assigned.
Education and Experience:
- A post-graduate degree in Commerce, Business Administration, Economics or Public Administration, and a professional accounting designation is required
- Minimum 8 years of (post graduate/designation) experience in financial planning and analysis and policy development within a large organization
- Experience in the public sector, and familiarity with local government statutory and regulatory requirements and property taxation would be an asset
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong financial modeling skills
- Quick learner, ability to gain in depth understanding of City operations and finances
- Critical thinker, ability to analyze complex situations and determine appropriate courses of action where there is little or no precedent
- Ability to “connect the dots” and understand and apply broad corporate context in individual tasks
- Strong verbal and written communications skills, ability to effectively convey complicated financial analytics to non-financial management in the form of reports and/or presentations
- Ability to build strong relationship and work effectively with diverse stakeholders having differing interests
- Strong sense of accountability, ability to work independently and take considerable initiative in leading and completing assignments
- Ability to handle competing priorities and deadlines in a professional manner
- High level of proficiency with MS Office applications and complex ERP systems
To apply, please visit www.vancouver.ca/jobs
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
City of Vancouver is an Equal Opportunity Employer.