Our Client, a Manitoba based, multi generation family owned business, is one of Manitoba’s leading General Contractors/Construction Managers/Design Builders specializing in Institutional, Commercial and Industrial projects. Established in 1912, the company has built a reputation for integrity, producing quality work, and a demonstrated understanding that prosperity and growth depends on the health and well-being of the communities in which we live, work and raise our families. The company has taken their wealth of past experience and knowledge and combined it with today’s most innovative, creative technology and engineering skills to increase their scope and position themselves for continued growth and development. A company that prides themselves on providing a positive and satisfying work environment for all their employees, they are looking for a Senior Estimator to join their team.
Reporting to the Manager of Estimating, the ideal candidate will be responsible for tender preparation or preconstruction cost management for multi-million dollar projects, while providing guidance and support to a team of estimators. The successful candidate will have demonstrated leadership abilities, able to speak with all levels of the company to build and maintain relationships from sub-trades through to upper management. A continuous learner, the candidate will possess excellent time management skills, balancing multiple projects, as well as a demonstrated ability to make educated decisions.
Benefits of working at this organization:
- Opportunity to work for an award winning industry leader that has played a role in constructing the Manitoba in which we live today and who will continue to do so for future generations.
- A company dedicated to quality and integrity in their people, and to producing exceptional projects for clients.
- A company that embraces the effective use of technology and innovation to enhance the value provided to clients.
- Opportunity to work on a variety of diverse projects for continuous learning and growth.
- Empowers employees to make decisions and take ownership of projects.
- A company who prides themselves in giving back to the community.
- A company that places importance on providing a safe and healthy workplace while supporting work/life balance.
- Competitive compensation package, performance bonus and training to support individual career goals.
- Tender preparation and the preconstruction cost management of projects up to 60 million, as well as multiple smaller projects.
- Pre-construction estimator role on Construction Management projects – including order of magnitude budget through to final budget, design development meetings, value engineering, set-up of sub-trade tender packages and sequential tenders, confirmation of stipulated price and conversion to contract. Lead the project team through pre-construction to exceed the client’s expectations.
- Review tender specifications, drawings, attending pre-build meetings etc. to determine scope of work and required contents of estimate.
- Completion of entire tender package submission including schedules, alternative pricing, and additional requirements to provide complete and compliant tender submission.
- Participate in construction management project development activities including set-up of sub-trade tender packages, preconstruction planning, value engineering and control estimate development.
- Collaborates with the team to develop, recommend and implement the project execution plan after being awarded the project.
- Prepare project budgets from preliminary design information.
- Ability to close tenders both independently and as the lead estimator on a team pursuit.
Skills & Qualifications
- P.Eng, CET, or G.S.C Estimator credentials
- 10+ years of “hands-on” experience in the capacity of a General Contract Estimator.
- Experience in a full range of product delivery methods including general contracting and construction management – design build.
- Proven skills in quantity takeoffs and construction cost estimating techniques.
- Excellent conceptual estimating skills.
- Proven record of secured projects achieving estimated projects.
- Experience in estimating own forces work – formwork and concrete, excavation and backfill, carpentry and general expenses.
- Understanding of engineering and construction processes.
- Sound decision-making and creative problem solving skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal).
- Experience using Virtual Design and Construction Technology.
This role will also appeal to an individual who is a continuous learner interested in working for a company that has demonstrated longevity and is positioned for continued expansion and growth. If you feel you have the demonstrated background and are interested in learning more about this opportunity please reply to this ad.
Indeed - 9 months ago
At MNP, it all starts with a relationship. The kind of relationship that helps us better understand your business – and offer you...