Are you the kind of person who’s not afraid to get their hands dirty, and enjoy watching your ideas come to life? Do you enjoy having the freedom and autonomy to create new products without constraint? If you want the opportunity to work with an inventive team of like minded individuals in a flourishing company that encourages you to unleash your creativity, then this is an opportunity you don’t want to miss!
Our client is a leading manufacturer of portable, and stationary grain-handling, storage, and conditioning equipment that as a result of strong brand recognitions, a focus on product innovation, and geographic diversification; continues to succeed. On behalf of our client we are recruiting for a Senior Design Engineer based in the charming and prosperous town of Rosenort, Manitoba.
This role offers the opportunity to work under the direction of the Engineering manager designing new grain handling equipment within the industries product line, using the facilities modern equipment. The Senior Design Engineer will work to improve and expand the grain handling product catalogue while performing cost reductions, analysis, testing and other design engineering activities.
Benefits of working at this organization:
- Competitive compensation package including benefits.
- Lots of room for growth with 14 divisions worldwide.
- Exposure to diverse and unique projects.
- Opportunity to share creativity and ideas.
- Ensuring the integrity of drawings, BOM’s, documents and product specifications.
- Working with the divisional and corporate Research and Development Teams in the innovation of the current product line and the development of new products for customers.
- Ensuring urgency and accuracy on critical activities such as the development and maintenance of drawings, bills of material, and specifications for the grain storage product line.
- Perform analysis, testing and other routine engineering activities in relation to grain handling products.
- Support sales and customer service with technical expertise, product training, and trouble shooting.
- Improve and expand the grain handling product line through continuous improvement and cost reduction activities.
- Ensure compliance with divisional and corporate engineering standards, procedures and protocols.
- Work with the engineering compliance team to ensure products meet engineering standards and product documentation is complete and accurate.
- Work cooperatively and effectively with Divisional manufacturing engineering team.
Skills & Qualifications
- A post-secondary degree in Mechanical or Agricultural engineering, a P. Eng designation is preferred.
- 5-7 years of engineering and steel manufacturing industry background, including knowledge of effective manufacturing/engineering systems such as M2M and product development systems and processes.
- Experience with SolidWorks or similar software and exposure to lean manufacturing practices and techniques are definite assets.
- An effective communicator, leader and trainer who can work with all levels of management and non-supervisory employees to execute the responsibilities of this role.
- Previous experiences working with cross functional teams.
- Able to exercise good judgment, initiative & a strong work ethic.
This role will also appeal to an individual who enjoys collaborating with an innovative team, designing and developing new products, and who has experience in a manufacturing environment. If you have an interest in agriculture, possess strong leadership and interpersonal skills, and are interested in learning more about this opportunity please reply via indeed.
Indeed - 10 months ago
At MNP, it all starts with a relationship. The kind of relationship that helps us better understand your business – and offer you...