BI Architect / Lead Consultant
Ideaca is a Canadian based consulting firm with locations in Toronto, Edmonton, Calgary, Vancouver and Kitchener. We help customers from strategy to solution through a portfolio of management consulting, advisory, implementation and support services. We have 10 years of experience doing business and in that time, have accumulated a growing list of over 350 satisfied, repeat customers. Our family of over 250 employees across the country work on delivering innovative solutions around Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP), Business Intelligence, Portals and Collaboration, Cloud Computing, Custom Application Development, Customer Relationship Management (CRM), Application Infrastructure, Support Services.
Our people are creative and can get the job done. Ideaca has experienced phenomenal growth and has maintained a relaxed and open culture, with an emphasis on diversity and the development of our people. We aim to be the best IT consulting company in Canada and will do so by continuing to invest in talented and motivated people, building long term relationships with our customers and by focusing nationally.
As a senior Ideaca Data / Business Intelligence Solution Architect Consultant based in our Toronto office, you will be responsible for helping our clients strategize, design and implement effective business intelligence / data warehouse solutions. You will actively lead or participate in all phases of the project life cycle, including: analyzing, designing, modeling, testing and deploying suitable and appropriate business oriented solutions.
- Excellent communication skills including effective listening skills.
- Proven ability to build and maintain strong and positive client and peer relationships.
- Confident presence and ability to interact with client executives.
- Excellent analytical skills and problem resolution skills.
- A minimum of 5 years of proven experience leading Data / BI technical project implementation teams including demonstration of strong team work and leadership abilities.
- Prior experience developing DW and/or BI solutions with Business Objects or SQL Server 2008 R2
- Defining data standards and data models for warehouse architectures.
- Business analytics focusing on the effective use of data and information to drive positive business actions. This area includes both business and technical topics, including concepts of performance management, definition and delivery of business metrics, data visualization, and deployment and use of technology solutions such as OLAP, dashboards, scorecards and analytic applications.
- Data analysis concentrating on the understanding of business requirements with respect to data and information.
- Data design focusing on translating business information into data structures with core skills to include information needs analysis, specification of business metrics, and data modeling.
- Solid understanding of data warehousing concepts, architectures, and processes – minimum 5 years of experience.
- Data integration to deliver business intelligence solutions. Integration includes all of the activities necessary to acquire data from sources, and to transform and cleanse the data. Data integration includes concepts and skills for source data analysis and source qualification, data profiling, source/target mapping, data cleansing and transformation, and ETL development.
- Experience in applying database methodologies and best practices in a client environment.
- Strong understanding of, and adherence to, iterative system development processes.
- Successful completion of a post-secondary degree or diploma in Computer Science or a related discipline.
As our ideal candidate, you have:
- Experience with OLAP implementations using SAP Business Objects, Cognos or Microsoft SQL Server Analysis Services.
- Minimum of 5 years of analytics and reporting experience with widely known tools such as Crystal Reports, SAP Business Objects, SQL Server Reporting Services.
- Minimum 2 years of proven experience analyzing, designing, constructing and automating ETL processes.
- Minimum 2 years of proven data integration experience involving transactional systems and/or data warehousing.
- Experience with designing, developing and implementing extract, load and transform (ETL) routines to populate data warehouses from custom solutions or ERP packages (including but not limited to SAP, JD Edwards, PeopleSoft, Oracle, Lawson, Great Plains, Microsoft Dynamics NAV, Microsoft Dynamics AX).
- Experience using data integration middleware such as Microsoft BizTalk Server, TIBCO, or WebSphere.
Indeed - 22 months ago
copy to clipboard -