For information about Alberta Health Services, please visit our website at www.albertahealthservices.ca.
Description of role
The Business Operations and Systems Support division of AHS Contracting, Procurement and Supply Management (“CPSM”) is currently looking for a Senior Business Analyst to work in the Business Process and Analytics area. Under the general supervision of the Manager, Business Process and Analytics, the Senior Business Analyst is responsible for providing analytical expertise to cross-functional operations and strategic initiatives. This position requires a significant level of knowledge and experience to perform a variety of duties related to business systems, processes and financial controls in support of operational and project deliverables. The Senior Business Analyst also performs supervision of and provides mentorship to the Business Analysts on the team.
The Senior Business Analyst requires a significant knowledge of the flow of transactions from the purchase of goods and services to the corresponding reporting and of the linkages between interconnected business systems. The Senior Analyst works with multiple Oracle modules and must be able to conceptualize solutions to troubleshoot problems that arise. The Senior Analyst also performs cost and business analysis, interfacing and liaising with Finance and front line managers outside of CPSM. Knowledge of analytics best practices contributes to the overall improvement of the capacity, quality and processes of the Business Process and Analytics team.
The Senior Business Analyst consults with clients and others within the department (e.g. multi-disciplinary teams, GL, BAS, front line managers, IT and other CPSM business areas) to fully understand and define the work required to complete the task at hand and determines the action(s) and resources required to complete the task assigned, provide analysis and recommendations and present and report on the work completed. The analysis performed and recommendations made by the Senior Analyst support operational and business processes, strategic planning, cost reporting, program and system planning and evaluation as well as performance reporting for CPSM.
The Senior Business Analyst must cultivate and maintain positive relationships within the team and with a variety of CPSM and AHS internal stakeholders.
- A post secondary degree with a focus on business, finance or accounting is required.
- Incumbent must be pursuing and in the final stages of completing a professional accounting designation (CA, CMA, CGA, CPA). Preference will be given to candidates who already possess a professional accounting designation.
- Three to five years of accounting, auditing or relevant business consulting is required.
- Demonstrated knowledge in the use of Microsoft Office (i.e. Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook and Access).
- Previous experience working in healthcare and the public sector is an asset.
- Experience with Oracle R12 is an asset, particularly in the following modules: Purchasing, Inventory, Cost Management, General Ledger, Accounts Payable and Financial Reporting.
- Excellent critical thinking and problem solving abilities are a must.
- Willingness to learn and flexibility to adapt easily to change in the workplace.
- Outstanding organizational skills, with the ability to work independently and as a member of a team in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong verbal and written skills are required.
- Must have the ability to meet defined deadlines.
- Professional demeanor and ability to relate effectively to various levels of the organization.
- Courses in project management or supply chain management would be an asset.
Apply for this job online
This posting closes on May 1, 2013.