Position Title : Senior Building Operator
Team : Western Region Edmonton Property Management
Position Location : Edmonton, Alberta
Reports to : Supervisor, Building Operations
About Us - Dundee Realty Management Corp.
Dundee is an exceptionally dynamic and entrepreneurial organization. We seek out the best in everything we do. Our team is knowledgeable, diligent and dedicated and we share a real passion for our business and the desire to excel. Dundee is grounded in core organizational values including integrity, respect, fairness, transparency and accountability.
Our employees are our greatest asset and we are committed to providing a dynamic and rewarding environment in which our employees can thrive, including: promoting teamwork, communication, creativity and productivity; rewarding employees with professional and personal growth; encouraging continuous learning opportunities; providing competitive recognition and rewards programs; and, supporting a culture that values and respects employees and their ideas.
Dundee is looking to hire a Senior Building Operator with a minimum of five (5) years building maintenance experience in a Commercial Office environment. Responsibilities include:
- Supervise all aspects of operations and maintenance of the physical plant; oversee all operations staff and the management of the same in the property assigned;
- Supervise all life safety issues and systems, and establish the highest of operational standards;
- Complete hands-on general cleaning, plumbing, electrical, painting, carpentry and HVAC repairs as well as other miscellaneous duties;
- Provide “on call” evenings & weekend services as scheduled by management team and be available for all after-hour emergency situations;
- Create and maintain a detailed preventative maintenance program and identify all deficiencies within the property;
- Work with other team members to create and support the proactive management of all operational issues including staff training and succession training;
- Oversee and continue to develop sound positive tenant relationships;
- Receive, process and manage tenant calls relating to physical aspects of premises to a satisfactory final resolution, and follow up;
- Assist in tender documents for standard property contracts; prepare budget prices and implement tender process for landlord projects, tenant related renovations; supervision of contractors;
- Assist in the preparation of annual property budgets;
- Understand all aspect of the capital and operating budgets and maintain control of all costs to maximize variance control and reporting;
- Prepare and enter purchase orders for management approval;
- Work with and schedule tasks on the Angus Preventive Maintenance system;
- Develop and maintain current and full knowledge of property regulations and policies in order to provide tenant services from a factual information base; undertake other assigned duties on an informed basis;
- Ensure that existing maintenance or service contracts are enforced and contractors are adequately supervised; and
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must hold at minimum, a 4th Class Power Engineering Certificate;
- 5 years building maintenance experience in a Commercial Office environment;
- Experience in Preventive Maintenance and Energy Management Programs;
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and Word;
- Basic Knowledge of electrical and Life Safety systems and principles; and
- Fully trained in BAS systems, central plant controls, variable speed systems and computer tenant request systems.
Indeed - 12 months ago