Controller – Keystone Excavating Ltd. (Calgary)
Reporting to: CFO
Reporting to the CFO, the Controller will be responsible for managing the organization’s daily and monthly accounting and financial functions. This position plays a direct role in establishing financial policies, procedures, controls and reporting systems, ensuring that systems are in place to produce accurate and timely reporting of financial results.
Key Responsibilities and Functions
The responsibilities of this role include, but are not limited to:
- Oversees the coordination of the preparation and distribution of monthly statements and reports.
- Continuously monitors branch budget expenses to ensure that funds are used efficiently.
- Coordinates the year-end of Keystone and related companies including preparation and review of year-end audit working papers and financial statements.
- Coordinates cash flow reporting.
- Supervises the Accounting Team; provides leadership and employee development.
- Creates and maintains a positive partnership with the Leadership, Senior Executive Team and branch administration staff.
- Initiates and is a participant in multiple projects for the development of appropriate controls and monitoring tools to keep the Senior Executive team informed.
- Manages or participates in a variety of special assignments as requested by the CFO.
The ideal candidate will have the following competencies to reflect Keystone’s Core Value’s:
- Commitment to Vision and Values: Demonstrates and promotes a personal understanding of and appreciation for the mission, vision and values of Keystone Excavating Ltd.
- Service Attitude/Customer Focus: Identifies and prioritizes the needs and wants of the Keystone team and our clients in a timely and effective manner.
- Leadership: Develops and directs the performance of others to achieve desired results.
- Communication: Effectively communicates both written and verbally to secure information.
- Self-Management: Directs personal performance to achieve desired results.
- Teamwork: Works effectively with others to achieve optimal collective results.
- Flexibility/Managing Change: Is aware of the changing environment; initiates and responds effectively to changing conditions.
- Commitment to Health and Safety: Acknowledges and understands how to manage and educate others of risk and harm reduction.
- Information Technology: Appreciates the learning opportunity in sharing information and effectively utilizes available information technology.
- Professional accounting designation (CA, CMA or CGA) is required.
- Previous experience working in the construction industry is preferred.
- 5 – 10+ years post-designation experience in a senior finance or accounting leadership role, preferably with Controller experience.
- Minimum 3 -5 year’s post-designation supervisory experience.
- Experience with Sage Timberline is an asset.
- Ability to manage the integration of multiple computer systems and programs.
- Highly organized, detail oriented.
- The ability to working in a fast-paced environment and lead growth management initiatives.
Please send resumes with compensation expectations included in the cover letter to Jillian Van Engen, HR Generalist