The Security Officer Role is to protect overall resort assets including patrons and staff by observing all activity, deterring potential problem situations and reporting out of the ordinary activity while maintaining patron and resort confidentiality. By using and following policies and procedures Security Officers will also ensure fire and emergency situations are handled in the best way ensuring patrons and staff are out of harms-way.
Some Responsibilities Include:
- Responsible for security functions at assigned station
- Maintains constant vigilance to ensure the safety of patrons, employees and Resort assets
- Observes various participants in games such as Roulette, Pai Gow, Texas Holdem, to detect cheating, identify rule violators, and infractions committed while play
- Actively communicates with team members via telephone, radio or in person to identify and supply information about any suspicions
- Transfer monies, chips, and documentation within the resort in accordance to policies and procedures
- May be responsible for card destruction
- Authorized to use keys and has access to highly sensitive and restricted areas
- Promotes positive customer service in and around resort
- Performs other duties as deemed necessary and directed by the Security Supervisor or Director
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily while seeing the big picture and or other occurrences within casino. Security Officers need to posses skills such as flexibility and adaptability to meet the ever changing needs of the resort while maintaining a high level of dependability. With one to two years experience in security or law enforcement accompanied with First Aid, CPR, and AED training we welcome you to the South Beach Casino & Resort team. Approval from Manitoba Gaming Control Commission, child abuse registry must be able to obtain the Security Guard License within 90 days of employment and be certified under Provincial mandate. Shift work is required within our 24/7 operation.
The incumbent must obtain and maintain approval from the Manitoba Gaming Control Commission.
To apply please reply with resume OR drop off/mail to Human Resources Box 777, One Ocean Dr. Scanterbury, MB R0E 1W0 or visit our website www.southbeachcasino.ca
We thank who apply but please note that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
We take pride in providing outstanding guest services in a fun and inviting atmosphere. This is achieved by having a team that is energetic, enthusiastic and customer service orientated.