Job Title: Security Manager Location: Sheet Harbour/Dufferin Mine Nova Scotia
The Dufferin Mine Security Officer will manage the security team and devise and implement the security plan for the Dufferin Mine. Most security assignments will require a patrol and static position. The primary objective of a Security Plan will be to deter and prevent criminal or unwanted activity at the Dufferin Mine site.
Manage, Schedule, Oversee and Monitor:
- Manage schedule and plan of security officers foot patrol and mobile patrol of Dufferin Mine site, including all facilities, mill, underground mine, storage complex, site offices, tailings facilities etc. noting and reporting, any suspicious activity, deficiencies and damage to property.
- Monitor site visitors, cameras, and alarm systems to ensure safety and access in accordance with site policies and procedures.
- Maintains effective control of all issued equipment.
- Enforces all rules, policies and procedures in a fair and impartial manner.
- Respond professionally to site emergencies (alarms, medical emergencies, fires and other urgent matters)
- Complete Shift and Incident Reports.
- Conduct crowd control, as required.
- Assist Mine Safety and Environmental Coordinator as required.
- Experience in managing security, police or military forces
Criminal Records Check
- A valid Driver’s License and clean driving record is required
- Must be current in First Aid & CPR.
- Must be able to work in all weather conditions, indoors and outdoors, as well as dusty and dirty environment.
- Comfortable working 12 hour shifts, day or night including rotations.
- Above average personal and interpersonal written and verbal communication skills,
- Physically capable of performing all duties as set out in the General Orders.
- Effective Problem solving skills
- Must possess 3-5 years previous security experience, or prior industry related experience (i.e. Police, Military, Security).
- Must be capable and able to work alone without Supervision.
A competitive compensation package awaits the successful candidate
Apply online at www.ressourcesappalaches.com
Indeed - 15 months ago