Title: Security Guard
City: Smiths Falls and Perth Ontario
Location: Various Locations
Closing Date: December 2012
Commissionaires Security Solutions Kingston is the largest security provider in Eastern Ontario excluding Ottawa, with established clients such as Educational Institutions, Commercial Industry, Municipalities, Provincial Government and Government of Canada. Our Regional Office is located in Kingston with District Managers and offices in Peterborough, Cobourg, Belleville, Kingston, Brockville, and Cornwall.
Job Profile (Example)
- Conducting internal/external security foot patrols of the building
- Safeguarding against fire and safety hazards
- Pedestrian and vehicle access control
- Reporting incidents to the Shift Supervisor
- Documenting security infractions
- Answering the telephone
- Providing general information and assistance
- Issuing and receiving keys
- Conducting routine searches
- Performing other related duties as required
Required Qualifications and Experience
Historically, many of the men and women employed by Commissionaires have served or continue to serve in the Canadian Forces (Regular, Primary Reserves, Canadian Rangers and CIC). , former RCMP, NATO and Commonwealth nations. We continue to encourage former; Fire Fighters, Correctional Services, Law Enforcement Officers, Law Enforcement Program Students and Citizens of Good Character to apply.
Required Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
- Excellent Customer/Client Communications Skills;
- Clear criminal record and able to obtain a Federal Secret Security clearance (min 10 years verifiable history);
- Minimum 18 years of age, High School Diploma, Good Physical Health;
- Hold a current and Valid Ontario Drivers Licence;
- Computer literate;
- Willing and able to work irregular hours (days, afternoons, midnights, weekends and holidays);
- Fluent English language skills – speaking and writing;
- Priority will be given to candidates who hold a current Ontario Provincial Security Licence; and
- Be a permanent resident of Canada.
Benefits include; Vacation Days, Health, Dental, Life Insurance, Shared Group RRSP, Bereavement Leave, Jury Selection/Duty Compensation, Uniform Purchase Allowance, Honours and Awards Recognition Program and Supervisor Professional Development Courses.
Please forward your resume to:
Canadian Corps of Commissionaires, Kingston & Region Division, Brockville District Office, 779 Chelsea Court, Unit A-1, Brockville, ON K6V 7E6
We appreciate the interest of all applicants; however, only those considered for an interview will be contacted. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.